Garmin XT GPS mount for 2022 Himalayan - with the Navigation binnacle

Wapping

Reaction score
Has anyone found a decent XT mount (to go above the clocks) for the 2022 Himalayan, with the Navigation binnacle, please?

I can find lots for the earlier version of the bike, ie. for earlier versions of the bike without the binnacle.

Than you.

Has anyone found a decent XT mount (to go above the clocks) for the 2022 Himalayan, with the Navigation binnacle, please?

I can find lots for the earlier version of the bike, ie. for earlier versions of the bike without the binnacle.

Than you.

I have looked at a couple but never fancied using them. I have mounted my XT on the bars in the centre between the bar mounts, there was a piece of metal connecting the
mounts in the way so i removed to mounts, cut the metal off and this allowed me to mount the XT there.I have also mounted the USB charger point next to it.

Thank you.

I would like to get the XT up higher but the bar mounting idea will work. I have a simple relay ready, so that the XT can be powered by the bike, switching on an off with the ignition.

I think I’ll contact Cymark to see if he can fabricate me a neat one. There’ll probably be a market for them, as there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of choice out there.

I like your Entrepreneurship Richard, can I see a new company forming ??? .....Wappatech !! :D

I have this one from ebay.

Using the RAM Mount supplied with the XT I felt it was a bit too high up and "in yer face" so I now have a quad lock on the bar and the XT mount attaches directly to that which puts the Nav in just the right place in your eyeline without being distracting and has the added bonus I can stick my phone up there if I want when not using the XT.

Prior to this one I brought another off ebay that mounts to the back of the clocks. A bit more subtle that this scaffolding but it was shit, twice the price and vibrated terribly. The only minor issue with this one is that I have the Barkbuster handguards and they just catch the mount when at full lock.

Some pics...

20220824_095052.jpg

20220824_095103.jpg

20220824_095137.jpg

HTH

Back
Top Bottom