Connected Ride Cradle.

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been discussed but I heard about and saw one of these magic boxes yesterday.
I realise they work well with newer bikes with the whirley wheel thing next to the left hand grip but my bike, a 2012 GSA doesn't have this.
I really like the idea of it charging the battery on my phone but it seems a lot of money if that's the only thing it will do.
Had anyone fitted one onto an older GSA and if so is it any good?
As usual thanks in advance Comrades.

I see no good reason why it wouldn’t work, as a basic phone charger / holder ie. Without the use of the whirlywheel thing. It will receive power, which is all that you need.

Be careful though if you are using a later edition iPhone (the mag charger ones) as they frequently struggle to receive enough power from the cradle to charge properly. It is exactly the problem I had on my 850 GSA. My latest iPhone would not charge but my spare, earlier edition, iPhone was perfect.

Thanks, yep that's my thinking but if that's all it does it's a relatively dear old job for a phone charger at £207.01.
Phone charging should hopefully be okay as it's an ancient Samsung S8.
I also like being able to lock my Nav V into the mount with the metal cage thing and I'm pretty sure the Ride Cradle is too chunky to fit under that.

It's all Tricky's fault, I was quite happy bumbling along in Pookey Hollow until he came along with all of his new fangled wizardry.

As an aside despite having owned the phone for at least 5 years I only found out yesterday that it's capable of wireless charging. Sometimes my ignorance amazes even me.

I think there are third party (knock off Chinese) copies of the cradle, which will probably serve just as well.

Back
Top Bottom