Activities?

pint6x

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Apart from the dinner on Saturday night, is there anything else planned?

A rideout maybe? Anyone organising one? Shall I sort one out?

Cheers - Philip

So, given where we are, I suggest we head for Aberystwyth, about 60 miles away.

We'll take main road to Rhayadar, then take the road up the Elan Valley and past the reservoirs which is stunning. We can stop for a few photos along the way, and also stop at Devil's Bridge. From there, the back road into Aberystwyth, down to the prom and pose for tossers' photo line up next to the beach. Lunch of whatever yer fancy, fish & chips etc., then a leisurely ride back.

There's no off-road bits, though the Elan Valley road is fairly narrow, twisty, and up and downie, so it's easy as she goes. Will do drop-off system with tail gunner - any volunteers to bring up the rear?

So, who's in?

P.S. those who are on 4 wheels can of course make their own way there and meet up on the prom.

Sounds good to me, I will also not be on a GS, my R100 is in bits, so will be on my Triumph

Following JBs suggestion booked on here for free https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/booking/category/dfhcCygkaGID for potential visit to Adventure Overland Show at Stratford* on the Sunday. Guess quite a few folk homeward bound on Sunday but we're staying in Kington Sunday night too.

Its an option, no cost and offers a ride about even if event may be more 4 wheel bias

A major national outdoor event, the ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW is a ‘world travel show’ featuring adventure
travel tours, holidays & expeditions, personal and camping kit, accessories/equipment for 4x4 vehicles, adventure
motorcycles and expedition trucks + bushcraft and outdoor pursuits.

Regarding vehicle types, all are welcome from 2WD Bedford Rascals to the largest horseboxes, coaches and
buses, all types and model of van, 4WDs like Land Rovers, Toyotas and Sprinters, right through to ex-military
Reynolds Broughtons and M.A.N. 8x8 trucks

*Stratford on Avon - the London one a bit too far :rolleyes:

Looking forward to a bit of a catch up folks...if I remember who anyone is :D

Back
Top Bottom