Therm a rest Universal Blanket/ Exped Mat Sheet ......

JH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to purchase either the Therm-a- Rest universal blanket or the Exped Mat Sheet in the UK recently. These are the ones that are fitted to your air bed and allow you to clip quilts systems onto the sheet to stop them becoming detached when sleeping as an alternative to a conventional sleeping back.

I'm looking to trying this system when I start returning to camping when on the bike again. I have most things but the fitted sheets that go onto the mat are very hard to actually locate to buy. I can find reviews, I can see the product on the manufacturers site but cannot find it in stock using the usual methods. Some say it is a pre-release order, but as these products have been out for some time I find that unlikely. I realise it is at the back end of the season, but can anyone tell me where they might be in stock within the UK?

:thumb

For things like this, I find it sometimes easiest to have someone make it. My local dry cleaners has a Bangladeshi guy on the sowing machines, who is a dab hand at turning things out.

If you don’t already have a quilt there’s one sleeping bag manufacturer that makes high quality down sleeping bags that have a central top zip instead of a side one. You could always use it upside down for a quilt effect or normally as a sleeping bag. :thumb2
I forget who it is just now though! :blast

Just had a quick look=
Mammut and Sierra Designs are two. And Robens do them too.

Gents

As usual thank you for your suggestions. I had made enquiries locally about rigging something up, with a local seamstress who used to make amazing costumes for the school performances when I was a governor, if all else failed it would have not been that different in price. However, I called Lyon, the UK distributer for Exped gear. They stated that there is little demand in the UK for these fitted mat sheets and they've stopped importing them. A similar tale from Therm a Rest stockists also, although there are some about with the tapered sheets locatable, it was harder to find the standard shape ones. Finally as I am heading to Europe in September I thought I'd look online there to see if I could pick one up on my travels and I came across - https://www.bergzeit.co.uk/?sc_src=...ign=01t_anmeldestrecke_gutschein_iShop_uk_1.2

They had the Exped sheet in stock compatible for my mat, more importantly they have arrangements to ship to the UK duty paid, free with orders over £50. Plus by signing up to their newsletter meant I had a £5 voucher to offset some of the cost. Prices on the site appear to be as competitive as anywhere so now I am just waiting for the package to arrive. It was shipped the same day!

I do like the look of this and it has a higher rating than my current quilt, one to bear in mind :thumb2

This might have worked as it fits conventional shaped mats :thumb2

Many thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom