Where to mount a go pro?

T250Tut

Reaction score
Just tried mounting the GoPro on the screen - did that just fine on my previous Triumph Explorer but the new to me 1200GS shakes so bad the camera is blurred. I dont want to mount it on my helmet - ask schumacher - and if its on the engine bars its too low for a decent view IMHO

So where are you good peeps mounting action cams and how??

cheers

Experiment to find a place that suits you best. If you look at the myriad of YouTube videos, you’ll see that bods mount them in all sorts of different places, including pointing backwards. The low down shot, where the front wheel is seen, is quite popular.

Ebay and Amazon are full of more mounts, poles and bolt-on things than you can throw a stick at. Be adventurous…..

Google: Go-pro mount on 1200 gs throws up lots of ideas and mounts. Here’s one sample only:

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/mounting-a-gopro-camera-on-a-gs.815150/

I had decent views by mounting on crash bars. That was on my Harley though and they are not that high.

If in doubt that there is lots of choice when it comes to mounting a camera on a GS (or indeed any motorcycle) here’s:

I have setup my GoPro with the remote wifi control. Beside dead center on top of my XD3 I have mounts on front outside corners of both my panniers, center of front beak and facing rear on top box. I rotate the camera from these various positions to give my some good footage while compiling trip video. ++ for the remote.

Play about. You can’t break it.

If in doubt, watch any TV or cinema film; they rarely shoot scenes from one aspect or viewpoint. A Go-Pro on a motorcycle will be no different.

but the new to me 1200GS shakes so bad the camera is blurred

Which GoPro are you using.

I usually mount it on the engine bars (2007 GSA) or keep it clipped to one of my backpack straps.
I had vibration issues when mounted on the bars with my older GoPro 4. Not a big issue with the 7.

I used the Wunderlich one for years with a Garmin VirbX.
OH doesn't want to have it on hers and I stopped using the camera a long time ago so it sits on the shelf but they work very well.

I know you said you didn't want to mount on your helmet, but have a look at this. It is NOT mounted, per se. I currently have a Sena Prism Tube clipped on the right hand side of my helmet, only because the helmet has the sunshade inner shield mechanism on the left. It's not perfect - why is it that all the best views are on the left? I would prefer that the camera sees what I see, from almost the level of my eyes...

https://dango-design.co.uk/products/gripper-helmet-mount?variant=41991244742855

Back
Top Bottom