Cannon BMW

ChasMill

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
From today is no more. Jim & Sue Cannon have sold the business. From tomorrow, it will be rebranded Sycamore BMW.

Is that the same owners as the Peterborough motorrad dealers I wonder ??

Okay, that is news. Preferred when they were in Chelmsford prior to the move to Braintree, and then Witham.

Will be interesting to see how it changes things.

Okay, that is news. Preferred when they were in Chelmsford prior to the move to Braintree, and then Witham.

Will be interesting to see how it changes things.

In Chelmo, they were walking distance to my (now) office. In Witham, they are 10 mins down the road from home, much larger premises with a decent cafe and huge inventory of new and used bikes (mostly GS obvs).

I nearly bought a K1600 GTL off them last year before taking over another of Wapping's mighty steeds.

oh good I might pop in tomorrow and watch the new signs going up. no more will we have to see sues flirting with old farts. hmmmm I might even have a breakfast if I get finished early:beerjug:

oh good I might pop in tomorrow and watch the new signs going up. no more will we have to see sues flirting with old farts. hmmmm I might even have a breakfast if I get finished early:beerjug:

Good luck. Closed until the 8th September, according to their Facebook post.

Shame in some ways,I liked that they were quite small when in Chelmsford, friendly and good customer service, Got a bit more "corporate" when they moved to Braintree and it appears much more so when in Witham:D. I hope they have a good retirement. Cheers,:beerjug:John B

Has anyone been there since new ownership to Sycamore?
Any improvement/notable differences from previous?!

Not been there yet, but emailed them and asked if they were going to continue loyalty discounts, which I was currently on 15%.
Their annswer was no!
So one change for the worst!
Guess I'll still use them as they are the nearest to me.
Safe riding.
Mike

Not been there yet, but emailed them and asked if they were going to continue loyalty discounts, which I was currently on 15%.
Their annswer was no!
Safe riding.
Mike

there's alway the one near long melford Reitien of something like that. nice ride there too

Their annswer was no!
Safe riding.
Mike

Many thanks for the reply buddy, much appreciated.

Oh well, that’s a shame regarding the loyalty discount but hopefully the level of service will remain at least.

Thanks and kindest regards,
Alex_TE

Sycamore appear to be expanding of late. As well as having BMW & Harley dealerships in Peterborough and Oakham, they have also taken over the Harley dealership in Wolverhampton.

Back
Top Bottom