Time to travel again...

That Firefly may have been the Canadian Historical Flight's aircraft. They've just done a full restoration, so maybe took it down to Reno for a shakedown?

Great thread. :thumb2

Another fabulous read Mike, you are lucky to have such a great friend in Jorge and other friends in "high" places!

Brilliant trip, and beautifully written - thanks for sharing

Another excellent ride report, Mike...you certainly haven't lost your touch - thank you for sharing it with us. I look forward to your future travels....:beerjug:

Great report, as always Mike.
California is now VERY expensive.You can’t get breakfast for much less than $30 !
And a beer is often nudging $10….before tip.

But it’s still much cheaper in other states and off the beaten track.

For instance, I was in South Carolina earlier this year, delivering some BMW engines and brek could be had for under $10 and a beer was about $5.

Yes - but after you've had your cheap food and beer - you're still in South Carolina...
lol8.gif

IMG_5479-4K.jpg

Here's the final bit of paving I couldn't be arsed to photograph yesterday
lol8.gif

I've just paid the bill - I am now officially poor...
bluduh.gif

That Firefly may have been the Canadian Historical Flight's aircraft. They've just done a full restoration, so maybe took it down to Reno for a shakedown?

Great thread. :thumb2

Thanks, Pete - I'm pretty sure now that it was a privately owned one - WB518 - one of two airworthy Fireflies - although there are a couple more under restoration. I narrowed it down by the 'K' on the fin... :D

Thanks

Thank you Mike, I really enjoyed your write-ups.
:thumby:

Another excellent report Mike so many thanks for taking the time to do it.

+1

Great to bring back memories of some of the places I’ve visited many years back.

On the “free bike” thing - it’s brilliant of Jorge to lend the bike and to therefore effectively be riding your own bike as it’s familiar.
Also the other realistic option of hiring a bike is not going to be cheap and would probably have cost more than the repairs. And just because you might have rented a bike there is no guarantee that you won’t have any problems with it!!

Thoroughly enjoyed your insights Mike. I lost out on my States trip with Bilco in 2020 which then had a domino effect. I’ll just have to wait for an exchange rate improvement as well as Arsey chartering a mercy flight for us all :D

Thoroughly enjoyed your insights Mike. I lost out on my States trip with Bilco in 2020 which then had a domino effect. I’ll just have to wait for an exchange rate improvement as well as Arsey chartering a mercy flight for us all :D

If you can get 215 other takers I’ll sort it :)

Excellent report.

I hear what you say about prices, homeless people and the exchange rate.

We have found petrol ranging from $3 to over $6, the really pricey stuff was in California, it got cheaper as we headed East, Missouri being the cheapest.

Only once have we left a restaurant because they couldn’t seat us in less than an hour, most can accommodate two straight away.

Back
Top Bottom