Time to travel again...

Great RR Mike, thanks.

The wayward throttle cable made me chuckle, that old chestnut again ... :)

I trust the encounter with the wee beastie didn’t permanently damage your boyish good looks... :)

Tuesday 27th September 2022

Just to bring it full circle, I met Adrian for a spot of breakfast this morning…
DukeGirl.gif

IMG_4295-X2.jpg

Thanks for the time and effort for thr report Mike - brilliant - love your story telling, makes us all feel like we have very much been on the trip with you.

Out of your camera stock - dare I ask what the stats are - no. of failures vs no. cameras carried. I am always amazed at how you manage to photograph on the fly!

Thanks for the time and effort for thr report Mike - brilliant - love your story telling, makes us all feel like we have very much been on the trip with you.

Out of your camera stock - dare I ask what the stats are - no. of failures vs no. cameras carried. I am always amazed at how you manage to photograph on the fly!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - I'm glad you enjoyed the trip.

I had about half a dozen 'first faults' on the camera I was using on this trip - but no actual (second fault) failures, so it was quite successful - I had a complete failure of one on my last USA trip in 2019. The cameras are tiny, so I just bring however many I have spare - this trip it was a total of seven. That probably sounds like overkill - in fact it almost certainly is, but I buy the cameras when I see them cheap on eBay, and it seems foolish not to bring all of them - and all my batteries - on a trip, given their age and chances of failure...

Photographing on the move is second nature to me, having done so for 20+ years. I was trained to ride one-handed during my police training, so that part wasn't a challenge; I don't look at the LCD when taking photographs whilst moving, but know pretty much where the camera (which is always in 'auto' mode and set at its widest lens angle) needs to be pointed. I am also ready to drop it immediately if needed to for safety.

I'll also leave the rider that this is my diary, and not an instruction book to be followed. If you don't feel confident being able to safely do this, don't yada-yada-yada...:D

Back
Top Bottom