Problem trying to update wifi GS-911.

Smug

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
When I "check for updates" with the GS-911wifi Utility I get the message "Failed to connect to server: server error (400)"

I've tried clearing cookies in the Firefox browser but this doesn't help.

Any thoughts?

Hi Smug

Usually, issues connecting to our server is free flowing with most ISPs and cellphone networks. On occasion, we've found some ISPs to block certain packets (they are encrypted ports, but for some reason they feel it's not secure), the easiest way to test this would be to connect your laptop to your mobile phone's hotspot and run the check for updates again (barring that you don't stay in Canada, about 3 of their ISPs also block the ports we use). If this gets you sorted, that means there is a simple configuration issue on the network, luckily, your ISP should be able to resolve this remotely. You can send them these specs to adhere to:
https://www.hexgs911.com/specifications/

Kind regards

Thanks for the reply.

I rang Ilexa to ask if they could take a look at my GS911 wifi unit. They suggested that I should download the latest GS911 software and try again.

With the latest software downloaded, it worked fine and I was able to download the latest updates. Sorted!

Back
Top Bottom