Height and suitability of a 99 f650st Factory lowered

Leyther

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am looking for a ' last bike ' and have been offered the above model unfortunately the old boy who owns it is away for a few weeks and I can't try it.
I am 6' 2" but I am losing the flexibility / strength in my lower body so cannot manage anything too tall.
Do you think a factory lowered F 650 will be too low for me ?
While the bike has been stood for 3 yrs it is very low mileage and looks to in great condition so I am keen but hoping it will be tall enough.
Anyone with experience of a lowered F650 ?

I'm 6'2" and occasionally ride my wife's factory lowered F650GS (Twin); it's ok for short distances but I wouldn't want one long term.

I could flat foot my old F650GS(Twin) with lowered suspension/std seat and I'm only 5'6" with 29" inseam. I would think that it would be too low even considering your flexibility issue.

I think you are going to be right , it will be too low
I will go and have a try when he returns from his trip and weigh up whether a modded seat would make enough difference.
Will keep you posted .
Thanks

I could flat foot my old F650GS(Twin) with lowered suspension/std seat and I'm only 5'6" with 29" inseam. I would think that it would be too low even considering your flexibility issue.
Looking for bike for my wife who is 5ft 27” inside leg do you think with lowered seat this would fit ??

Looking for bike for my wife who is 5ft 27” inside leg do you think with lowered seat this would fit ??
I would think so. When I bought the bike it came with a lowered seat too but that was too low for me.
Here is a pic of the bike low suspension and standard seat.

I don't have a pic of the bike with the lowered seat, but have a pic of just the seat so you can make a comparison

BTW, you can get a low suspension centre stand from SW Motech

1694453890086.jpeg

IMG_1033.jpeg

Last edited:
I would think so. When I bought the bike it came with a lowered seat too but that was too low for me.
Here is a pic of the bike low suspension and standard seat.

BTW, you can get a low suspension centre stand from SW Motech

View attachment 282213
Thanks that looks spot on what we are looking for hopefully trying one tomorrow finding a low seat is going to be difficult I think 👍

Back
Top Bottom