Group Intercom with Multiple Brands

We Make Life A Ride

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there a way to use a mesh gateway to bring lots of different intercom brands into a single conversation - specifically my group with have a Sena, Schuberth, Freedom and a Cardo!

I'm assuming no way of achieving this?

Mesh may work. I don't hold a huge amount of hope out for you though. We had the same problem in our crowd of 7 and it was a right palaver on every trip. In the end, we all bought SENA headsets and solved the problem which stopped us wasting hours on trying to achieve what you are hoping for!

I wont ride with this group often enough to suggest that. I guess we will just make do with intermittent or no comms.

(digressing a little here.......)

I really like the sena units myself but being a year round rider the water-resistant rating is really off putting for me. It's shame too, I'd expect better from a top brand like Sena.

Sena and Cardo theorecticaly will allow inter brand connection by Bluetooth not mesh
Had no success at all in practice tho!!

The only mesh networking between brands is Sena and Interphone.

For anything else, it will most likely be bluetooth only, and not more that one to one without a fair bit of difficulty.

It would be super nice if there was an open standard for mesh intercoms though/.

The only mesh networking between brands is Sena and Interphone.

For anything else, it will most likely be bluetooth only, and not more that one to one without a fair bit of difficulty.

It would be super nice if there was an open standard for mesh intercoms though/.

My riding group has "standardised" on MESH2, so Sena or Interphone. It's so damn easy! One button and you are in. No faffing for hours with manuals etc. I wish Cardo et al would adopt MESH2. It was a revelation on our Spain/Portugal trip in may this year.

I've decided to go all out and buy the Sena 50c! Canvassed my mates and the majority seem to have Sena kit so thought I'd go for it. Plus the camera really appealed to me too.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Incidentally I learned that each Sena unit that has mesh 2 can create a Bluetooth gateway with one other device and bring that non mesh intercom into the mesh group.

What I am less clear on is if you can use the Universal Intercom Pairing option on the Sensa to create the Bluetooth gateway with a non Sena device and still bring that into the mesh group.

So in theory if you have 4 Sena mesh intercoms you can bring another 4 non-mesh intercomes into the mesh group by creating the Bluetooth bridge. Effectively creating a mesh group of 8 riders.

If anyone has experience of this I'd be interested to know how you got on.

Cardo to Cardo mesh is a piece of cake . Cardo to Sena impossible

Incidentally I learned that each Sena unit that has mesh 2 can create a Bluetooth gateway with one other device and bring that non mesh intercom into the mesh group.

What I am less clear on is if you can use the Universal Intercom Pairing option on the Sensa to create the Bluetooth gateway with a non Sena device and still bring that into the mesh group.

So in theory if you have 4 Sena mesh intercoms you can bring another 4 non-mesh intercomes into the mesh group by creating the Bluetooth bridge. Effectively creating a mesh group of 8 riders.

If anyone has experience of this I'd be interested to know how you got on.

Regardless of the possibilities of connecting 8 riders in this way, the practicalities of having that number of riders connected at the same time tend, in my opinion, to limit the usefulness of the protocol - the Mesh riders connect easily but the connecting via Bluetooth of the other 4 riders is hit and miss and depends a lot on everyone's familiarity with their devices. Plus, the coming into and out of range of the Bluetooth connections makes the whole affair somewhat of a pain in the arse.

All of that said, I've had much success with two or three riders connected via Mesh and one other joined in with Bluetooth and in general remain impressed with Mesh - Sena, that is

"What I am less clear on is if you can use the Universal Intercom Pairing option on the Sensa to create the Bluetooth gateway with a non Sena device and still bring that into the mesh group"

Still interested to know if this part is possible?

Both Sena and Cardo provide instructions on how to pair with ‘other ‘ units . As much as my riding group have tried , we have failed miserably.

It’s actually easier just to call the rider ( with a vox phone all ) , which also has no range issues .

Back
Top Bottom