Gearbox, clutch and FD rebuilds required

VAL. H.

Thrower of cats at pigeons
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Who out there is best recommended to do a rebuild on a gearbox and a Final Drive for an R80RT. I'm also thinking that a lower first gear might be advantageous primarily for hill starts. Can this be done on the RT Mono box?

I've now more or less finished my R80 outfit refurbishment. Took it for MOT today and noticed it occasionally jumps out of second gear, but also I noticed the clutch is starting to slip on the steeper gradients. I've also noticed the final drive is grumbling.

Ta Val.

Thanks Guys. I've sent Mike a pm, but I believe he is based over in the east, where I'm in West Wales. Is there anyone nearer?

Val.

:Mike’s place is worth a run out, just to see all the cool jobs he’s got on the go :)

I have a Mikeyboy gearbox….. buttery smooth…..

Whilst Mike Overy would always be the recommendation here, I guess you could see if Steve Grover can help .......... http://www.motoscot.co.uk/

Did get hold of him. Big money per hour though. Seems to know what he's on about and is only about 20 miles from me. So I'll keep his contact no.

:Mike’s place is worth a run out, just to see all the cool jobs he’s got on the go :)
It'll be a long old run out, I'm in Wast Wales. Not sure the clutch would get me that far. Though I do have a trailer.

You'll Get Nowhere Better than Mikeyboy !!!

I have a Mikeyboy gearbox….. buttery smooth…..

Thanks guys, Yeh I know. But one has to do their research doesn't one.......... and I've now found two ex BMW mechanics within easy distance I can call on for the easier stuff.

Val.

Who out there is best recommended to do a rebuild on a gearbox and a Final Drive for an R80RT. I'm also thinking that a lower first gear might be advantageous primarily for hill starts. Can this be done on the RT Mono box?

I've now more or less finished my R80 outfit refurbishment. Took it for MOT today and noticed it occasionally jumps out of second gear, but also I noticed the clutch is starting to slip on the steeper gradients. I've also noticed the final drive is grumbling.

Ta Val.

Hi I am in mid wales and can do these for you

www.motoscot.co.uk

Steve

Back
Top Bottom