Riders seat lock jammed ?, 1200 GSA

bobsnew

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had to remove the riders seat the other day and replaced it carelessly, now the locking mechanism for the front is jammed up, key wont turn anti clockwise, obviously fouled up with various bits stored under the seat, tried the usual things, pressure on the seat bashing the back of the seat etc any one have a solution ?

I had to remove the riders seat the other day and replaced it carelessly, now the locking mechanism for the front is jammed up, key wont turn anti clockwise, obviously fouled up with various bits stored under the seat, tried the usual things, pressure on the seat bashing the back of the seat etc any one have a solution ?

I've no idea whether they have a similar mechanism to my Africa Twin but...I had this issue last week. I literally had to yank the seat off (a bit of wiggle either side) and found that the cable outer had popped out of its housing...a quick fix but I was rather anxious riving the seat off. Looking at what I had to do to fix it, I couldn't have managed with the seat still in place.

Try this

https://www.r1200gs.info/threads/the-seat-mechanism-is-stuck.19705/

I've no idea whether they have a similar mechanism to my Africa Twin but...I had this issue last week. I literally had to yank the seat off (a bit of wiggle either side) and found that the cable outer had popped out of its housing...a quick fix but I was rather anxious riving the seat off. Looking at what I had to do to fix it, I couldn't have managed with the seat still in place.

Try this

https://www.r1200gs.info/threads/the-seat-mechanism-is-stuck.19705/

Thanks seems that I’ve tried these methods, I think a piece of cloth tape from my lamb seat cover has got entangled with the mechanism, I can’t see a way of accessing it with the seat in situ ��

You might be able to get at it from underneath by removing the mudguard up top above the rear wheel, I recently replaced the batteries in the alarm unit and did it by removing the tail light and section of plastic under the seat, maybe try a wire coat hanger to pull the mechanism as well

Back
Top Bottom