zumo 590 cable?

jdh1340

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
does anyone know what kind of cable connects to a 590m car windscreen mount to charge it?
is it garmin specific or will a phone cable work?

Providing it is stepped down to the correct voltage, via a similar cigarette type socket (or the USB connection in the car does it) then I guess it should work.

Plug one in and find out. Neither it nor the car will burst into flames.

Providing it is stepped down to the correct voltage, via a similar cigarette type socket (or the USB connection in the car does it) then I guess it should work.

Plug one in and find out. Neither it nor the car will burst into flames.

I tried all that basic shite..any phone cable I tried wont fit....thats why I'm asking if its garmin specific...or maybe my car mount is damaged..maybe someone knows what kind of usb fits..ie micro,type c etc?

Aha, that is a very different question.

Can you not tell by looking at the mount, what sort of female power inwards socket it has?

I presume you have done something as simple as checking the fuse, in the power lead that connects the car windscreen mount to (I assume) the cigarette lighter socket the car?

Aha, that is a very different question.

Can you not tell by looking at the mount, what sort of female power inwards socket it has?

I presume you have done something as simple as checking the fuse, in the power lead that connects the car windscreen mount to (I assume) the cigarette lighter socket the car?

cheers Wapping...you see I bought the mount from a guy and no cable came with it...i tried all the cables i have even the 1 that fits the 590 unit itself and none fits...it looks just like an android phone socket to me..I'm wondering if its a garmin specific cable(or damaged)...dont mind buying 1 but need to be sure it'll work because living in Ireland it'll have to be mail order...somebody on here might have a look at theirs when they see this
thanks
John

I think I have found the answer:

https://www.activegps.co.uk/garmin-zumo-590-automotive-power-cable.htm

The 590 and 595 share the same automotive (ie used in a car) mount, with (apparently) a unique male plug at the other end of the power lead that stretches back to the male cigarette lighter plug at the other end.

Scroll down the website in the link and you’ll find:

Powering in-car

To power/charge your zumo 590 series via the auto mount in-car simply plug one end of the cable (12-volt cigar lighter) into your vehicles cigarette lighter adaptor and the other end (unique connector) into the side of the zumo 590/595 mount cradle……

I have bought items from the people in the link before. They are very helpful.

my 590 won't charge on a normal USB cable, only on the specific Garmin one. It will operate though on a non specific cable. Best get the Garmin one

I think I have found the answer:

https://www.activegps.co.uk/garmin-zumo-590-automotive-power-cable.htm

The 590 and 595 share the same automotive (ie used in a car) mount, with (apparently) a unique male plug at the other end of the power lead that stretches back to the male cigarette lighter plug at the other end.

Scroll down the website in the link and you’ll find:

I have bought items from the people in the link before. They are very helpful.

thank you Wapping..your a gent...that looks to be my question answered...

Back
Top Bottom