Rasher’s routes

Rasher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I always look at Ride Routes with interest, but areas I know I think I can generally do better, they often stick to fairly main roads and miss some real gems - probably so Harley / Goldwing / R1 owners don't complain.

I have some stuff here which I tend to base my short trips on, some of them may be very similar to the ride routes, these are 4-5 day jaunts, easy to add a day or two if required, given more than 6 days and I would probably head to the Alps / Pyrenees / Tarn Gorge or somewhere new (yet to visit the Hartz myself)

https://www.myrouteapp.com/profile/routes/485#1831875/name/asc

Check them carefully to make sure waypoints on road, you have enough waypoints - maybe ad some shaping points etc and don't complain if you think they are crap after riding them, me and my mates have liked them.

I always copy them into a new route and then add detail, sometimes places to stop for lunch / see something or maybe try an new road or two, if I find a really good bit I may go back and update the "template" route.

IMHO always worth doing a couple of hours of Motorway away from Calais to clear the clutter and get to the nice parts a bit faster / have more time at the nice bits.

I always look at Ride Routes with interest, but areas I know I think I can generally do better, they often stick to fairly main roads and miss some real gems - probably so Harley / Goldwing / R1 owners don't complain.

I have some stuff here which I tend to base my short trips on, some of them may be very similar to the ride routes, these are 4-5 day jaunts, easy to add a day or two if required, given more than 6 days and I would probably head to the Alps / Pyrenees / Tarn Gorge or somewhere new (yet to visit the Hartz myself)

Check them carefully to make sure waypoints on road, you have enough waypoints - maybe ad some shaping points etc and don't complain if you think they are crap after riding them, me and my mates have liked them.

I always copy them into a new route and then add detail, sometimes places to stop for lunch / see something or maybe try an new road or two, if I find a really good bit I may go back and update the "template" route.

IMHO always worth doing a couple of hours of Motorway away from Calais to clear the clutter and get to the nice parts a bit faster / have more time at the nice bits.

I can access your ‘public’ routes okay. But can you tell me how I should go about adding them to my own MRA Library. Btw I am a Gold member if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Can’t see any routes

3b2e9756c3514b7f71f1bf187cc35d5f.jpg

All there from what i see

Attachments

• 2022-09-01_13-40-57.jpg
    2022-09-01_13-40-57.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 239
I can access your ‘public’ routes okay. But can you tell me how I should go about adding them to my own MRA Library. Btw I am a Gold member if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Do this, Paul…

Open Rasher’s sub-library of routes.

Chose the route you’d like to copy into your library.

537e69a03056cb3d9f5eab1b4067fefd.png

b372e307c9f1fbd5e205074d98636551.png

The route will appear but it won’t yet be in your library, as it is still in Rasher’s sub-library.

Go to the top right corner and click on ‘+ Use Route’

62ee7e44265fb96082ab927288ecf934.png

A pop-up box will appear where you can give it whatever name you like. I simply amended it by adding the word - TRIAL.

Click on Confirm

8269209da9c7bdf9ac1c935d8fe81a6a.png

The route, with its new name will then copy across into your library.

ecf8d0a1532db1d2c3f6d17f9b7e0c69.png

Note: It will be a copy, which you can then amend or muck around with as you see fit. Rasher’s original route will stay in his sub-library, in an unaltered state.

I was already friends with Rasher, so his name appears on my friends list. He was kind enough to share a route with me, a couple of years ago, well before I started to use MyRoute regularly.

Excellent

Any thanks Wapping (for the advice) and Rasher (for sharing the routes)

Rasher
I only see folders for Alps and Berlin. Should there be more visible?

Me too. Alps and Berlin only.

Bods should see something like this:

1. When clicking on the link in the opening post:

fae770a73adc429b0a17cf7abbd3e277.png

2. By way of example only, when clicking on the first item in the library, ‘Alps Routes’:

0e35a9ff1f225b6caf1af971ca48f3b2.png

3. When clicking on the first item in that library:

1fc3ae66ed8ce010a278d49001b75f2d.png

4. Which, when clicked on, should display:

544c9276ffe38f94978b583bd81943a4.png

Richard, I can only see Berlin & Alps too, reason being that these are both listed as Public, as you are on Rashers 'friend' list, consequently you can also see the routes listed for friends access only. Rasher, can I be your friend :)

Richard, I can only see Berlin & Alps too, reason being that these are both listed as Public, as you are on Rashers 'friend' list, consequently you can also see the routes listed for friends access only. Rasher, can I be your friend :)

Snap. Can I be a friend too? I am Paul John Murphy on MRA

Rasher, rather than be bombarded by friend requests now or in the future, I think this might work be worth a try.

Bundle the routes (or the sub-folders of routes) into a fresh folder, call it something like UKGSer or whatever name makes most sense to you. Make it public.

I am new to MyRoute but I think that might make all the routes in the folder public, too.

Give it a go. If it works, great. If it doesn’t, let’s think of something else.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom