Doc & Jayne's trip to Vercors & Germany via Norfolk

Nice clear head here and a lovely view from Balcony

6a860940ed0f955bb1204a49c885a883.jpg

Stunning place.
Shame about Arsey but you can't have everything. :D

Big thanks to Arsey for today. Brilliant route and excellent weather.

Great photos Doc/Arsey :thumb2

Good to meet you and your lass on the the boat.....fekk, you took some finding ?

We've just about dried out/ recovered from torrential thunderstorms and being marooned on the bloody motorway near Dusseldorf. Scariest journey I've ever had.
Now settled in to Pension Roseneck in Bad Lauterberg.

3 old twats with the same route copied off my Garmin onto 2 other different Garmin's, coupled with several closed roads in the middle of nowhere plus 3 Sena's that kept dropping out made today err, very interesting. Oh yea and with meticulous precision military planning 1 of us, me, set off on West Harz route, whilst the other 2 followed behind using East Harz route. It only took us an hour and a half to work that one out.

Onward and upward eh :cool:

Weather looks stunning.

I’m currently in Troyes and heading down to Castellane tomorrow.
On Wednesday it’s forecast for that whole area to be pissing down all day with rain.

Sorry about that. :(

Great photos Doc/Arsey :thumb2

Good to meet you and your lass on the the boat.....fekk, you took some finding ?

We've just about dried out/ recovered from torrential thunderstorms and being marooned on the bloody motorway near Dusseldorf. Scariest journey I've ever had.
Now settled in to Pension Roseneck in Bad Lauterberg.

3 old twats with the same route copied off my Garmin onto 2 other different Garmin's, coupled with several closed roads in the middle of nowhere plus 3 Sena's that kept dropping out made today err, very interesting. Oh yea and with meticulous precision military planning 1 of us, me, set off on West Harz route, whilst the other 2 followed behind using East Harz route. It only took us an hour and a half to work that one out.

Onward and upward eh :cool:

Nice to meet you pal. I thought you were eyeing me up as you walked past.;) We got a bit wet riding down off the ferry.

Part two of Arsey's tours today and the weather is looking good. Last day today before heading up to the Black Forest for a few nights.

Heard a lot of chicken noises last night.
That EVskij and his Mrs are a strange pair. :D

Nice to meet you pal. I thought you were eyeing me up as you walked past.;) We got a bit wet riding down off the ferry.

Part two of Arsey's tours today and the weather is looking good. Last day today before heading up to the Black Forest for a few nights.

Heard a lot of chicken noises last night.
That EVskij and his Mrs are a strange pair. :D

Any recommendation re hotels in the Black Forest ?
We will be riding back through there in 10 or 12 days.

Staying here Steve and stayed before. Bikes parked in garage nice food and rooms and you can get a beer. Nowhere to walk to but you don't need to.

https://www.blume-lierbach.de/

That might work. We’re lake hopping across Italy next for about 10 days. Up the gottard pass and through Switzerland. It’s now bookmarked.
Thanks.

Doc & Jane avin’ a laff…

38e016b447aeb594a4fc385fda0b610a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some familiar backdrops in those fabulous pics, thanks for sharing guys, although it wasn't so long since I was in the Vercors region the desire to return soon is strong.

Back
Top Bottom