V5C - Middle Name Needed?

MitchMan

Reaction score
The dealer has just registered my GSA, and the V5C has arrived omitting my middle name - is this OK? Tbh I prefer it but don't want any complications further on both in the UK and abroad.

MitchMan

My V5 hasn’t got my middle name on. Think only my driving licence and passport have it on.

Reject the bike as “not fit for the purpose”, it’s what any right minded GSer would do.

My V5 hasn’t got my middle name on. Think only my driving licence and passport have it on.

Thanks Monsieur! Judging by the amount of people that can request details from the DVLA I actually think it's for the best!

MitchMan

If it really bothers you, they can process a name change which won't add any extra owners to the bike.

If it really bothers you, they can process a name change which won't add any extra owners to the bike.

TBH I won't bother unless someone actually mentions a compelling reason to have it on there.

MitchMan

I've just done that and it added another keeper to the record, not that it matters on 34yo vehicle but it would have been nice to have kept the no previous owners tag. I did it online so have kept both V5's

I've just done that and it added another keeper to the record, not that it matters on 34yo vehicle but it would have been nice to have kept the no previous owners tag. I did it online so have kept both V5's

Just adding a middle name?

MitchMan

If you change it the normal way, it adds an owner. It needs to be done as an administrative error change. I ahd this done on a car where my name was spelt wrong, and got the dealer to sort it with no extra keepers added.

I've just checked and I did the "put it in another name" option, I think that I mis understood the process and expected to not add another registered keeper. If you can speak to DVLA and sort it all good.

Contacted the DVLA - they said that your middle name(s) were purely optional.

"It is your choice to provide a middle name or not. The name provided on the V5C, are those we'll use to contact you for matters regarding the vehicle, this includes issuing a refund. If your middle name appears on your bank account, you may wish to provide this to prevent any issues with a potential refund. I hope this helps."

MitchMan

And that.
Reckon my death one will too.

When registering a death, the registrar asks a question: Beyond the deceased’s given and family names, were they commonly known as anything else?

Quite a nice touch, I thought.

Back
Top Bottom