Crash bar and light bar fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

steadysteve

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone got the bmw engine bars and also the bmw light bar fitted to their 1250RS and would be willing to post some pics of the lower mounting points and how the light bar fits around the engine bar top mounting points?

It’s fairly straightforward as far as I can tell but the crash bars , off eBay, came without any mounting bolts and hardware so I just want to get an idea of what bits I’ll need. e.g. not sure if there are any spacers on the lower mounting points.

As far as I can tell I’ll need to remove the lower trim/fairing pieces as it looks like they will foul the engine bars.

Any pics appreciated.
Thanks

If they're branded bars, check the manufacturers website for fitting instructions. I know that Givi, SW Motec, Touratech etc all have fitting instructions online

If they're branded bars, check the manufacturers website for fitting instructions. I know that Givi, SW Motec, Touratech etc all have fitting instructions online

These are BMW oem bars. They only attach at three points so fitting them isn’t a problem , I just want to make sure I’ve got all the necessary bits and pieces before starting the job, rather than waiting 2-3 days for parts to be ordered/ delivered after realising something is missing.
The guys at my local dealer aren’t particularly clued up on the bike side of things so pics of another bike would be helpful.

Hi Steve,

My 1250RS came with engine bars & the lower engine trim was missing - taken off to fit the bars.

I bought an SW Motech sump plate for it & very pleased with the look of it. Had to wait about 6 weeks as was on back-order.https://sw-motech.co.uk/products/en...-rs~hl_1250~yr_2020~om_1r13-k54~sk_protection

Cheers
John

Hi John,
Looks tidy although not sure about a sump plate on a road bike. Were they BMW oem bars and did you have to remove them when you fitted the sump plate?

These are BMW oem bars. They only attach at three points so fitting them isn’t a problem , I just want to make sure I’ve got all the necessary bits and pieces before starting the job, rather than waiting 2-3 days for parts to be ordered/ delivered after realising something is missing.
The guys at my local dealer aren’t particularly clued up on the bike side of things so pics of another bike would be helpful.

All the instructions are available on the BMW website here you can either enter your vin, or select the models below and it has the full manual + parts included/needed.

Hope that helps.

Hi John,
Looks tidy although not sure about a sump plate on a road bike. Were they BMW oem bars and did you have to remove them when you fitted the sump plate?

Hi Steve - no not OEM bars, not sure what make they were. I fitted X head protectors and initially the genuine BMW light bar that mounts across the front of the engine for my Denali D4s.
However, I didn't like the lights mounted so low, so I made some brackets myself & fitted them on the original mirror mounts. (fitted handlebar mounted mirrors like a GS - much better for me.

Attachments

• IMG_9452.jpeg
    IMG_9452.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 132
Good idea mounting the lights up there.
The link that DJ posted looks useful…I’ll have a proper look tomorrow.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom