Just out of interest.

We really like to concentrate on classics and classic related bikes but I will discuss with the guys as we have been using one for 90 % of the videos so far as the camera bike (me leading/following the lads on the classics with cameras front and rear) We have just returned from a great trip where we rode from Santander over the Pyrenees up through france over a week (lots of long days in the saddle) and the 2 V85TTs were the standout bikes, superb in the twisties and great on the autoroutes.

We are down to do the V100 in November so have a bit of a guzzi thing going on at the moment

Next video (after I get over COVID) is............... a 90s Fireblade
Sounds all good, hope you feel better soon as well, seems to be rife again just now

We really like to concentrate on classics and classic related bikes but I will discuss with the guys as we have been using one for 90 % of the videos so far as the camera bike (me leading/following the lads on the classics with cameras front and rear) We have just returned from a great trip where we rode from Santander over the Pyrenees up through france over a week (lots of long days in the saddle) and the 2 V85TTs were the standout bikes, superb in the twisties and great on the autoroutes.

We are down to do the V100 in November so have a bit of a guzzi thing going on at the moment

Really looking forward to seeing a V100 in the flesh and swinging a leg over.

S20 5G sent this......

I've been looking at adding another bike in the garage, keep coming back to the V85 TT as the most suitable for me.... I've never owned a Guzzi but feeling the draw to something 'characterful' and different
I really like the GUARDIA D’ONORE but wondering if getting a bog standard one with some additional bits like panniers, heated grips etc might be better

My V85TT (aka Gok the Guzzi) seems to have got under my skin, so will be sticking around for some time yet I would imagine.

I've been looking at adding another bike in the garage, keep coming back to the V85 TT as the most suitable for me.... I've never owned a Guzzi but feeling the draw to something 'characterful' and different
I really like the GUARDIA D’ONORE but wondering if getting a bog standard one with some additional bits like panniers, heated grips etc might be better
Test rides complete, order placed for the G D'O today , complete with Guzzi heated grips and the Caponord front mudguard (after reading about them on here) should be arriving from Italy mid February which is , as we all know, the height of the motorcycling season in Scotland

Anyone else on here have the G D'O version?

I have a V85 Travel on order arriving next month. End of last year had a test ride around the New Forest on a Centenario well impressed.

I have one as well, no regrets at all, I love the look of the V100 but the tank is too small at 17L I think. The V85tt will do 300 miles full to empty (23L) which I like.

I've never managed to squeeze more than 20 litres into mine, and that was having done over 300 miles & supposedly running on fumes (remaining range shown as zero...).

I bought a new Centenario early last year, sold it on here a few months later. It’s what I do, I never keep anything long, just get the itch to change, and love the buzz of a new bike, having done this for the last 40 odd years, I’ve had a few bikes.
I’ve never been keen on ‘revisiting’ but I’m getting a strange urge to have another V85. I don’t know why, but as I think back it was one of the most characterful bikes I’ve had. I loved the relaxed easy going engine, the vibes, the noise, the tank range, the quirky ‘retro Dakar’ style looks etc.
Didn’t like the switchgear, not overkeen on the TFT, build quality seemed good in some area’s, poor in others.
The bottom line is I think I’m going to have to get another, soon. Is this normal?

GDO arrived earlier than expected.... ACF 50 today and fitting a Givi Trekker Outback top box tomorrow, black 42l so should fit nicely
b2fb9f0f594bc9d07b8e38091952af7f.jpg
3fe3cc21faf3d70102740386ae7e4765.jpg
33dc20876224afb6cb0145cf06a6bc64.jpg
7d0a59372bea06ea484ebeca03173772.jpg
043403faa0f40efaff33b59574624e7c.jpg

That looks fabulous, congratulations. And I think that top box will be a really good match.

Bring on the warner weather!

I bought a new Centenario early last year, sold it on here a few months later. It’s what I do, I never keep anything long, just get the itch to change, and love the buzz of a new bike, having done this for the last 40 odd years, I’ve had a few bikes.
I’ve never been keen on ‘revisiting’ but I’m getting a strange urge to have another V85. I don’t know why, but as I think back it was one of the most characterful bikes I’ve had. I loved the relaxed easy going engine, the vibes, the noise, the tank range, the quirky ‘retro Dakar’ style looks etc.
Didn’t like the switchgear, not overkeen on the TFT, build quality seemed good in some area’s, poor in others.
The bottom line is I think I’m going to have to get another, soon. Is this normal?

You're a man after my own heart. I swap my bikes regularly. Not because I don't like them, I just fancy a change. The V85 is a cracking bike, I ended up having four of them. I was hoping to keep the Centenario when I got my V100 Mandello S. I'd chucked the money toward a campervan so sadly the V85 had to go. I wouldn't rule out another. The V100 is an absolute cracking bike. The extra grunt is lovely and the fueling is just about perfect. It's also nice to be able to get my feet down when I stop.
Have a go on the Mandello, unless you're really tall, then it might be a bit cramped.

I do like the look of the Mandello, but I’m 6’2” and I think it will be a bit short for me. The V85 fits well. I’m trying to resist as I’ve only recently bought a KTM 890 Adventure, it’s very different to the V85 as you can imagine, but the urge grows strong!

That looks fabulous, congratulations. And I think that top box will be a really good match.

Bring on the warner weather!
Looks good, enough for a full face and stuff, or a weekend away I probably won't bother with panniers, just use my old Ortlieb roll top bag for touring.

14fb7dc344464f90ce54aea4cb86056f.jpg

I do like the look of the Mandello, but I’m 6’2” and I think it will be a bit short for me. The V85 fits well. I’m trying to resist as I’ve only recently bought a KTM 890 Adventure, it’s very different to the V85 as you can imagine, but the urge grows strong!

Check out the 'Lamb chops' V100 review. I believe he said he is 6'2".

That’ll be the V100 Stelvio Moto Guzzi have been teasing Guzzistas with. Sometime in 2024 I reckon.
Sounds good. That’s at least three bikes away for me though. Still something to look forward to.

Looks good, enough for a full face and stuff, or a weekend away I probably won't bother with panniers, just use my old Ortlieb roll top bag for touring.

I never use rear boxes but as far as they go yours looks pretty good on that black bike and my it's so clean and shiny!

GDO arrived earlier than expected.... ACF 50 today and fitting a Givi Trekker Outback top box tomorrow, black 42l so should fit nicely
b2fb9f0f594bc9d07b8e38091952af7f.jpg
3fe3cc21faf3d70102740386ae7e4765.jpg
33dc20876224afb6cb0145cf06a6bc64.jpg
7d0a59372bea06ea484ebeca03173772.jpg
043403faa0f40efaff33b59574624e7c.jpg
That looks lovely. Enjoy!

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom