Which 701?

Slime Bomb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Keep thinking about getting a 701sm having had a demo on a GasGas es700 the other day.

Question is if not new which year to get. Would it be best to go for an earlier model with less electronics or new with bells and whistles?

All advise welcome.

I think if i was buying the SM, I'd probably want the quick shift fitted 2020>. They look fantastic too.

For the Enduro, the 2019 might be the best bet.

I'll add a question as I'll be looking for an Enduro 701 when back home in October.

Differences between 2018/19/20?
Most of the used ones I see online are 18/19.

The first year Husqvarna 701 models had the older engine (without the engine balancer part), 2016 or 2017, I can't remember the exact model year. So may be worth avoiding those although I am sure they still work fine.

ill be in the hunt for one shortly...2020 onwards with the map switch, qshifter blipper, and balancer shafts, I would like to go the SM route and try to put a 19" on the front for a bit of light off-roading

I'll add a question as I'll be looking for an Enduro 701 when back home in October.

Differences between 2018/19/20?
Most of the used ones I see online are 18/19.

18 is 4CS forks 275mm travel F&R. Not sure about the shock. Husky dealers were allowed to fit the Evo1 airbox, can and map to release more power.

19 is XPlor forks, supposedly better than 4CS - 275mm travel F&R. Again, not sure about the shock. Different Euro level (4?) Evo1 not to be carried out, but is apparently possible.

20 is Xplor forks and shock, I think. 250mm travel. 25mm lower seat, which is quite noticeable. ECU more locked down. Quick shift, lean angle ABS.

Both 4CS and XPlor dismissed as garbage by *experts* but seems ok to me (definitely not an expert).

Twin balancer motor is MY 18>

18 or 19 it is then, thanks Cookie, appreciate the help.

2019 onwards WITH the map switch if you want to fit a SpeedoX as there's very limited functions available prior to that due to KTM locking down the canbus.

2019 doesn't have a map switch. Pity really as it could se a softer mode off road.

Looking like a more recent one then. Thing is I really like the white frame on the earlier models.
The GasGas was the first time I've used a quick shifter and wow, it's addictive!

I have a 2019 enduro so no QS or switchable maps - and it’s ruddy ace!!

2018 is when the engine balancer was introduced. This year may not have the quick shifter or different riding modes but it's still a beast so don't dismiss a bike from this year.

My 2022 has the two riding modes and the quick shifter and whilst they are good additions to the model, I would have still bought the bike without these features. The 2022 model does have an updated dashboard though, gear indicator, revised other features which escape me at the moment because I have a poor memory. :blast

What about the older 2016/2017 models?
I found a couple.

I'm not that fussed power-wise tbh.

Well tried to resist but failed :blast

Deal done on this 2021 bike from Judd Racing - should pick it up next week :D

Good choice, I also tried to resist, but knowing that a mate lent me his, laughing as he said that resistance was futile - Mrs GSite says he is a bad man (for the bank balance at least). Enjoy.

Love that 701, crisp in white it really suits it, I’ve just bought a ktm690 enduro, 2021, seems tricky to get any sort of deal on these bikes.

Sat on a 2021 701 Supermoto for sale at ritebike, £7899 and I’ve gotta say pretty mint condition but a ridiculously loud exhaust pipe(and I’ve had some loud ducatis) I don’t think it was lowered but it might have been , it felt tiny for what I thought was virtually same bike, is it the wheels?!

At the time I got my bike a year ago it did seem that the Supermoto (SM) was better value for money in that it was several hundred pounds cheaper than the Enduro for the same year, mileage and condition so thought I would test ride both.

Felt the SM was lower due to smaller wheels but not sure if the suspension is also lower but thought there was less travel. It also steered / dropped into corners much quicker than the Enduro, to the extent that for me it did not feel natural, hence making the choice I did with no regrets.

Picking up an LR tomorrow...

Youre gonna love it, got my 2021 690 today the quick shifter works superbly, couldnt be happier with how it rides its a hoot.

Attachments

• A35D985E-E45F-44E8-80FB-372A11EC97C7.jpg
    A35D985E-E45F-44E8-80FB-372A11EC97C7.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 33A33A3A-3033-4F92-AAEF-5B3F5B70AE1E.jpg
    33A33A3A-3033-4F92-AAEF-5B3F5B70AE1E.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 197

Back
Top Bottom