3D seat cover?

Ibex

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just noticed the "3D seat cover" sold on EBay. It caught my attention as I have noticed them on a few bikes recently - they look like a fine mesh fishing net? They are not expensive but make bold claims in rider comfort - but I can only imagine gaining a fishnet pattern imprinted on my buttocks after a few miles? Anybody tried them?:rob

The 'Cool Covers' brand is ridiculously expensive for what it is, something like £65 for the riders seat and £45 for the pillion.

Being a total cheapskate, I bought a Chinese set for my GSA for about £11 on AliExpress which is a pair of covers for both seats.

I am impressed with mine, they keep my arse cool and no, you do not get a fishnet pattern on your buttocks (unless you choose to ride naked).

The 'Cool Covers' brand is ridiculously expensive for what it is, something like £65 for the riders seat and £45 for the pillion.

Being a total cheapskate, I bought a Chinese set for my GSA for about £11 on AliExpress which is a pair of covers for both seats.

I am impressed with mine, they keep my arse cool and no, you do not get a fishnet pattern on your buttocks (unless you choose to ride naked).

Agreed, great Kit but only at Ali Express or Wish Prices....

Or wear fishnets under your outers!

+1

I bought a genuine Cool covers for my V85TT. Yes I could have got a Chinese version but it arrived next day and unless we support our home grown industries and innovators we aren’t going to be much of a country for much longer.

It’s fantastic. The seat wasn’t uncomfortable but in hot weather you no longer get that griping pain on the inner thighs. Possibly a tad cool on cooler days though. Recommended 👍

I bought a Chinese ripoff from Ebay for £18.23, I was going to return it as the pillion seat cover has some if the stitching failed, plus initially I could not fit the riders cover on (I guess the GS and GSA seats are different?). S went throght the returns process an even though the item was dispatched from Manchester the returns address was China, and it would have cost £12.00 to return it. So 20 mins with a needle and cotton the pillion seat cover was fixed and with a bit of brute force, ignorance and a bigger hammer the riders seat cover fits. Not perfick but it is on. Yet to try them out though.

I had a usd cool cover on my GS but an Aliexpress cheapie on my R, can’t tell any difference between them , work really well but you definitely feel the cold when the temperature drops a bit.

Al.

Back
Top Bottom