Anyone got a Street Bob 114?

luckylucian

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking at a Street Bob 114. Anyone got one here? Am looking for a few long term ownership comments.

I've got a Softail Street Bob 107 with a stage 1 tune and bloody love it. The engine is plenty grunty enough for me and the bike handles well. I have put Avon Cobra Chromes on it which added to the already good handling.

I used to have a 2016 Street Glide Special and the suspension on that was poor. I ended up putting Ohlins front and rear which sorted it out. No need to replace the suspension on the Street Bob at all. It's good.

The 114 engine should be more than enough for most sane people

I had a 114 LRS… stunning machine, great handling from the softail frame and the 114 engine is huge fun… if you like riding torque….

The only thing I’d criticise is the mid controls - kinda in a funny place…

But I prefer forwards - an easy fit if you wanted and the Harley kit is lovely quality

Conversely, I like the mids But as twizzle said, easily sorted if you don't

I have just moved my SB on two months ago after two and half years. 107…as other said, loved the bike. Great riding position with the forwards. I had them on from new, and had a stage one. The 107 was plenty enough, so 114 wiould be awesome in my mind. I set my spark to medium on the FP3 and it gave it some nice attitude too. It pulled like a train due to its reasonably light weight. Bear in mind some big tourers have a 107 in them too, so I would imagine the 114 would be a hoot.

I loved the position of the bars and forwards, felt like a proper riding position.

The seat is hard, and have a very sore coccyx after an hour, so best replace, or live with short rides, but then it was that sort of a bike for me, not a tourer, obvs.

I part-ex’d mine and funnily enough I was in the dealer yesterday and they have sold it, being picked up today.

Had two others in there, one of which is sold two.so popular bike.

OP, I have a set of forwards for sale if you change you mind.…. As I took them off when I moved it on.

Pm me if you are interested, the kit is about 570 new… I would be looking for about £250 and the postage.

The Softail Frame and the M8 engine are a great combination (for a Harley of course). The bikes handle well (apart from the Breakout) and have plenty of grunt.

You can't really go wrong with the Street Bob and it's a great platform to adjust to exactly what you want. The only downside is the single front disk and traditional fork whereas other models have USD forks and dual disks - but cost more.

I am on my 2nd M8 Softail at the moment. I put 28K miles on a Fat Bob and then sold it to buy the new 117 Low Rider ST. Off to Belgium on it tomorrow...

When I bought mine, the stock seat had been replaced with a Sundowner. Very comfy.

I find the front brake OK. Nothing spectacular, but OK. I was initially going to put an Arlen Ness "Big Brake" on, but after a few rides decided I didn't need one. The rear brake is much less effective, but I might change the pads to EBC sintered which some have said improves matters. I only tend to use it on rare occasions like going down long hills, but even that isn't really necessary given the engine braking.

The Softail Frame and the M8 engine are a great combination (for a Harley of course). The bikes handle well (apart from the Breakout) and have plenty of grunt.

You can't really go wrong with the Street Bob and it's a great platform to adjust to exactly what you want. The only downside is the single front disk and traditional fork whereas other models have USD forks and dual disks - but cost more.

I am on my 2nd M8 Softail at the moment. I put 28K miles on a Fat Bob and then sold it to buy the new 117 Low Rider ST. Off to Belgium on it tomorrow...

Why are the “traditional” forks a “down-side”?

Probably only mildly relevant but I bought a 114 Heritage Softail back in 2017 when they first came out (M8 motor and all that)

Every time and I mean EVERY TIME I went out in it the engine made a different noise.

I sold it

Probably only mildly relevant but I bought a 114 Heritage Softail back in 2017 when they first came out (M8 motor and all that)

Every time and I mean EVERY TIME I went out in it the engine made a different noise.

I sold it
Curious. Did you try to use the warranty?

Back
Top Bottom