R1150GSA 2003. Bike rebuilt but Choke Cable headscratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted account 231211001

Reaction score
Hi all

I've searched for a fair while on this forum and either I am really dumb or I can't seem to see that there is a similar post addressing this one?

I've completed the sympathetic refresh of the 1150 ADV that I acquired 20 months ago from my mate who had sadly had a stroke and had to quit riding.
I am delighted to say it passed its MOT today! It had been stood for a couple of years and it needed a lot of TLC so I changed all the fluids/filters/plugs, put a new Motobatt battery on, all new fuel lines?QR connectors and internal tank filter as well as a replacement seat, new bulbs ( binned the faulty LED tail and crappy faltering HID front to return to original spec for both) amongst many other bits.

Isn't there always a "but" though.....the fast idle/ choke lever on the left handlebar has zero effect. It moves freely so isn't seized. The bike starts first time on the button and rides well, but it's 20 degrees C today and I guess it doesn't need choke on such a day?

I am sure I am missing something simple here. Any advice please as to what I am staring at in these trees that I cannot see the wood for? As the days get shorter and the temperature drops I'm guessing this function will be needed on dark damp mornings ....

Cheers all

Have you got too much slack in the throttle cables ? The fast idle cable also has a cable adjusted underneath lever to remove any slack.

Have you got too much slack in the throttle cables ? The fast idle cable also has a cable adjusted underneath lever to remove any slack.

Many tanks for that.....Looks like it, yes. I've rolled the adjuster out and in, in and out, and out so much it fell off the thread, all to no avail. I'm guessing looking at the ever so slight movement in the cables at the throttle bodies that the fast idle does just that and lifts the throttles open a tad. Without taking the tank off to get to underneath the battery to see what's going on I think I'll just be a bit canny with the throttle when starting until next time I have cause to remove the tank etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom