Left hand switchgear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocker switches quite often use a small ball bearing, pressed into place by a spring. The action of the rocker then moves the ball through indents to the required contact.

Are you sure the ball / spring has not become dislodged thereby jamming the movement?

that does make sense, however as it s a daily rider I am reluctant to strip the handset further without a replacement in hand..I took it apart as far as being able

I think some of the switchgears have different connections I have a spare l/h switch gear with the smaller connector my GS is an 02 plate and it has a larger squarer plug/connection don't do what I did and have a look first! if you are interested in my switchgear drop me a message

I recently bought a rh switch from an RT to replace the killswitch and start button on my BoxerCup which had broken. It was an easy enough job to dismantle and swap the bits over, although you need a very small torx set for the last three screws :D

I think some of the switchgears have different connections I have a spare l/h switch gear with the smaller connector my GS is an 02 plate and it has a larger squarer plug/connection don't do what I did and have a look first! if you are interested in my switchgear drop me a message

My part number matched to my VIN number is Associated BMW part: 61317709735
https://www.motorworks.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=61317709735
had a quick feel under the tank and its squareish

any chance of pic of yours or your part number? pm me and ill reply with my e mail address

any updates

please respond

Well due to lack of a response, can anyone please tell me if this will fit the 1150R 2002 model.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204092906381

The partial part Number 7 659 325 was original fitment on the following models, but has since been superseded by an upgraded item.

If your bike is listed and the dates match then most likely yes.

Attachments

• 3F236147-413C-4C78-BE34-14E7108EF61F.jpeg
    3F236147-413C-4C78-BE34-14E7108EF61F.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom