Which model revision is best

I did 8.5k miles on mine on my trip to Bulgaria in the summer and it was faultless (as it should have been)!

Buy one!

what you have to reember about the TC is they are 10 years old and as much as i liked the TC jumping from this to a 1250 is like night and day, even simple things like the clocks and led lights are so much better out the box

I'll suffer the night and day for a bike that doesn't fall apart under my arse!

what you have to reember about the TC is they are 10 years old and as much as i liked the TC jumping from this to a 1250 is like night and day, even simple things like the clocks and led lights are so much better out the box

I owned my 2011 gsa tc at the same time as my then new 1200gsa in 2014 ,the tc was a much better bike than that turd or a bike . Since then I have owned from new a second 1200gsa tc and since last year a 1250gsa lc.

Yes the new bike has more toys and gizmos BUT as a long term keeper outside a factory or insured BMW Warranty I would have another later model low mileage tc without any qualms.

Probably upgrade it with an aftermarket led headlight but that would be about it

I rode close to 3.000 miles on a 1250 in the summer in Alaska. Whilst it was a great bike, despite the confusing and complex TFT and all the buttons and gadgets, did it make me want one, not at all. I was glad to get home and back on my nice simple 2006 single cam,. The only thing I miss very slightly was being able to use the cruise control occasionally on the 1250 just to stretch my fingers out a bit.

Well my 2010 TC has just had to have the Final Drive MikeyBoy'd with a smidge over 20k miles on the Clock.
Two Owner bike with Main Dealer History (Over Serviced in fact - by Year rather than by Mileage).
Also needed the Rear Shock Rebuilt at 17.5k miles.
I'm hoping I'm due a few million Trouble-free Miles now!!

Well my 2010 TC has just had to have the Final Drive MikeyBoy'd with a smidge over 20k miles on the Clock.
Two Owner bike with Main Dealer History (Over Serviced in fact - by Year rather than by Mileage).

I was going to say that they need using to keep things working properly...

But then remembered that my 2009 has only 14.5K miles..

Rebuilt rear shock but original battery!

I was going to say that they need using to keep things working properly...

But then remembered that my 2009 has only 14.5K miles..

Rebuilt rear shock but original battery!
I’d rather replace a Battery than a Shock any day 😎

I’d rather replace a Battery than a Shock any day ��

I agree, the shock suffered due to non use(I believe). I’ve no idea why the battery has lasted so long, no evidence that previous owner kept it on a charger, perhaps he disconnected it until the annual run to the MOT station

when they RECALL swap the cracking alloy wheel hub for a steel one, I think they cause damage and or set up clearances badly - both mine came back not as good as when it went in

when they RECALL swap the cracking alloy wheel hub for a steel one, I think they cause damage and or set up clearances badly - both mine came back not as good as when it went in

It's an interesting thought, but were they still Recalling them for that Issue by 2010?
My 2008 GSA MU had that Recall but surely they didn't keep fitting the old style Hubs AFTER the Recall was announced??

It's an interesting thought, but were they still Recalling them for that Issue by 2010?
My 2008 GSA MU had that Recall but surely they didn't keep fitting the old style Hubs AFTER the Recall was announced??

Answered my own Question.
Just been through the Paperwork and it was replaced in 2015!!

hadn't even started the recall came about much later - oh - just saw you found it - I didn't remember it was that early i was thinking 2017

hadn't even started the recall came about much later - oh - just saw you found it - I didn't remember it was that early i was thinking 2017

My 2008 had it done around 2015, just before I bought it.
The TC must have been done around the same time I guess, again way before I got her.

.....and NOW it looks as though it also needs a new Clutch at 20k miles FFS!!!
I seriously wish I'd bought another XTZ1200 instead of this feckin Money Pit!!! :mad:

Well, my LC came back Saturday morning,

and has gone back to the dealers today via recovery

Wont know what's wrong until the box of electrons is unleashed to see & what the bill will be :( :(

Wont know what's wrong until the box of electrons is unleashed to see & what the bill will be :( :(

To be honest, I'm REALLY pissed off with the Bike right now, I honestly can't understand how it can need so much costly work at such low miles.
It was a really clean, low mileage example which had been ridiculously over-serviced by two Main Dealers.
It showed no signs of having been abused, and yet it's needed a Final Drive Rebuild and now a Clutch.
I love these Bikes and I'll be keeping this one, so the outlay will likely balance out over the coming Years / Miles, but it's still piss poor when you compare it to the XTZ1200 for example.
I'm just pleased I didn't spend even more and buy a new 1250 as I'd considered before I went Twin Cam.
From what I've been reading about those, they're probably an even poorer quality build...

The main question is:

Can you open your fuel filler cap?

That’s shit bad luck Billy, but at least you know it’s done right now.

That's what I said to MikeyBoy this morning.
I can remember a time when Motorcycles were considered a Poor Man's form of Transport.
They still are though I guess, only now it's the bloody Motorcycles that make the Man Poor in the first place!!!!

Back
Top Bottom