East Mids Camping Weekend - 4/5/6 November 2022 - Plough Hickling

For those who haven't attended one of these weekends before, the plan goes something like this:

- Arrivals for camping from late Friday afternoon.
- Meal in pub (as this provides free camping)
- Saturday morning breakfast for those camping, plus, those who are just out for the day, join us for breakfast at 9.00am.
- Everybody buggers off about 10.00 on either the road ride or green lane ride.
- We all return.
- Go to the pub for dinner and drinks and tell all bikermates who will listen about what brilliant riding gods we all are.
- Sunday morning. Awaken with or without difficulty.
- Have breakfast
- Disperse

The road ride is not a speed fest and the green lane ride will not be too technical or without help if you get stuck.

Unless you have a plan of what you want to do in the area, there's not going to be anyone hanging around during the Saturday.

A & C for me but it’s all dependent on me not being sent away to work somewhere.

Right now I’d give myself a 50% chance of being home but you never know.

Just noticed option E is missing

E Bring fireworks for Tosser booze fueled impromptu firework display :D

Better late than....?

Who is this Cogsie you speak of? Should he/she be on the list?

T'is I, CoGS, and late in booking only as now in darkest Zummerzet having just had a fab weekend in Kington @ MMMs 20 years reunion, where we talked East Mids and decided to go.

A,B &C please but brekkie Saturday only as have to be back in Birstall Saturday night to host a fireworks/bonfire night party.

With work running over I think I might only be a day boy rather than a boarder... depends what time we finish on Friday, it was gone 19.00 yesterday then a 5 hour drive home! So if it is anything like that I won't make Friday night.

B and C or D, depending on how brave I feel.

Thanks for organising again.

Is there anyone who put their names on the first thread who haven't added it to this thread, or anyone else who'd like to attend?

Not sure? Put your name down anyway, it will give me an idea to go with.

Thank you. :thumb2

Anymore interested??

I'll shortly be going to the pub to confirm numbers and talking to the cafe over the road (for Sunday breakfast)

At the moment we have 20 total attendees. 10 camping, 11 Green Lane and 8 Road Ride, 1 doing their own thing.

Numbers may differ between different days out, as I've counted those who can't make a decision as road ride. That can be decided on the day, as it doesn't affect catering.

Please shout up if you're thinking of turning up for breakfast and doing either ride on the day, as the pub doesn't usually do breakfasts so will probably be getting food for the numbers provided.

If not too late put me down for b and d - should have sorted out a 701 next week :)

If you're intending to go out for the day, Mistacat usually has a petrol stop planned somewhere, however, it is always good to start with a full tank.

For the green lane ride, there isn't really an opportunity to fill on the way. I will try to review the route to find possible petrol stations that are not too far out of the way of the route, however, if you can have a full tank for the 50 - 60 mile trip out, that would be helpful.

I have listed below, local petrol stations with the W3W (what 3 words) addresses.

Harby ///best.stags.bulge

A46 Cotgrave - Cropwell Bishop Road ///seemingly.points.labels

A46 Saxondale Roundabout ///glorified.orders.discount

Tollerton ///lift.fetch.index

A46 Coming from the south ///dabble.area.keyboards

Melton Mowbray ///flip.shell.lived

Still dont know if i have a bike ?

but treat it as a yes until i know otherwise

Best to start the road ride with a full tank it will be the normal 140 ish miles and mainly B roads and single track lanes / droves (All tarmac) so fuel stations are scarce.
When I have sorted the route I will make a .GPX file available.

B and D for me please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry going to have to pull out of this :(

Her indoors has booked us up for a meal out with the harpies ;)

need to keep the hall pass monitor sweet lol

Sorry going to have to pull out of this :(

Her indoors has booked us up for a meal out with the harpies ;)

need to keep the hall pass monitor sweet lol

Thanks for letting us know. You will be missed.

A bit like earlier this year. :hide

Apologies but I too need to cancel. The boys both have commitments that inevitably involve me. I will say a thankyou to Tufty for organising this, it's a great idea at a time of year when traditionally not much happens - have a great weekend all those who attend.

Apologies but I too need to cancel. The boys both have commitments that inevitably involve me. I will say a thankyou to Tufty for organising this, it's a great idea at a time of year when traditionally not much happens - have a great weekend all those who attend.

Thanks for letting me know. Have a great time with your family.

Road Ride is plotted.
Depart The Plough Inn, Main street, Hickling, LE14 3AH. At 10.00
Approx. 140 miles, mainly B roads single track lanes and droves. All tarmac.
Lunch at halfway point, Rachel Cafe, PE23 4LE, on the A158 near Hagworthingham, Should be there for 12.00.
Finnish at the Plough Inn, Hickling at approx. 15.00.
Please have a full tank of fuel as avoiding towns fuel stations are scarce.
Please PM me your email address is you want a .GPX file of the route.

Back
Top Bottom