East Mids Camping Weekend - 4/5/6 November 2022 - Plough Hickling

Thanks Tufty, Colin and Chris for organising today.

I enjoyed the excellent breakfast and road ride today. :thumby:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 16.57.06.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 16.57.06.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 107
The off-road ride was also something of an adventure :D

Thanks for organising - a great day out :thumb

looks great.
nice one lads, maybe see you on the next one
I fancied this but only got back from Turkey last week... think the mrs would have been pissed off lol

Thoroughly enjoyed the road ride...180 miles door to door..thanks for the organising and Chris for leading...top job..

Thanks Tufty and all, that was great fun.

52479161636_8daaffc396_b.jpg

Towing...

Thanks for organising as always, great off road route. We lost a few on the way but despite the mud all went well. Thanks again…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all those who attended. Special thanks to Chris, Colin and Derek for leading the rides.

Pub was great and really accommodating. Breakfast this morning at the canal basin cafe was excellent too.

The green lane ride was a proper 'event' after so much rain over the past couple of weeks. What with low mudguards and dodgy clutches we didn't manage to complete the route but we'd done enough to return home tired little soldiers.

Top marks to Skid06 who arrived on a bike with his camping gear and left on his bike after being there for the entire weekend. Something nobody else managed. (a few of us nicked home for a shower and to pick up the car)

I may try again next year, possibly September/October to tempt a few more into staying for the weekend, rather than just coming out for the day.

Thankyou to Tuffty and his team for yet again putting on a great event, Chris for the fab road ride and everyone else for the great company. :beerjug:

A few short clips from my on-board camera. I'm not sure if posting video's works, if not and if you're inclined just click the watch on youtube option.

1) Watch the CRF300 tow a relatively heavy bike up the hill, watch the rear tyre tracks on the CRF on the right as it goes up the hill, impressive ! (Make it full screen if you can't see as they travel into the distance)

2) A bit of towing (not really a problem on the overweight Tiger 900)

3) Front view of me towing up the hill, get to see the riders and bikes at the top. (Yes it's slow, I'm towing !)

Lesson's learnt

a) I need a high mudguard
b) I probably need a lighter bike :)
c) Im so glad I didn't leave after the initial problems in the mud, I was sweating and spent but subsequently it was a great day with (mostly) suitable lanes for my skill/bike.

EMB.

Thanks Tufty, road ride was all down to Chris this time as would have been too much for me to complete the whole route as still recouperating from knee op.

Some puddles..

My one slip of the day, very slippy grass/mud and tiredness starting to creep in (sorry for the muddy camera). Every Tiger needs a lay down every now and then.

What I didn't realise was that the problem wasn't rear grip, it was the front wheel seizing due to mud between the tyre and low mudguard.

Thanks to organisers, had a great time, good company, good beer!

great weekend, thank you for everybody's help getting back to the pub. New clutch slave ordered :)
look forward to the next one.
Cheers, Paul.

Attachments

• EMIDS IMG_0014.JPG
    EMIDS IMG_0014.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 111
  • EMIDS IMG_1541.jpg
    EMIDS IMG_1541.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 109
  • EMIDS IMG_1543.jpg
    EMIDS IMG_1543.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 111
  • EMIDS IMG_1544.jpg
    EMIDS IMG_1544.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 111
Great pics and vids. Makes me really glad I chose the road option. Thanks to Tufty for organising, see everyone next time!

Back
Top Bottom