busy da

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yesterday I put a new starter motor on the 1150GS.

Took the bottom bolt out first, then the top one. No hint of it coming off, gentle tap with mallet, no movement.

The cap head screw I removed wasn't for the starter:blast

Got it off, could I align the new one? Nope. Took the locating dowel out of the engine, put it in the starter, went easy from there.

The lower starter motor cap head screw, oh what fun to tighten up. The teeth on the flywheel were hardly marked, quite a surprise as I saw on here recently that someone had to replace theirs with only 30 odd thousand miles showing. Mine is on 112,000.

Today, removed front wheel so that I could paint the lower forks with Hammerite smooth. Last time I did this, many years ago, I sprayed them, for a while, I had a very subtle metal flake petrol tank:rolleyes: Finish isn't as good as a sprayed one, but far better than it was.

Gave me a chance to properly clean the front wheel, well, relatively clean. Then waxed it. Fighting the urge to remove back wheel to clean that now:nenau

Next job is to remove the starter on the Guzzi Cali' 3, as there is an irritating oil leak from the neutral switch.

Back
Top Bottom