Wing Luggage

I went with a Chinese knock off from Amazon for about 1/2 the price Honda wanted. It fit perfectly just like the factory one and no drilling. It's level with the seat which makes a large platform for the Drybag and tent.

For some reason the link got altered after attaching it here. You can search XMT-Moto Rear Carrier Rack fits for Honda GL1800 Gold Wing 2018,Matte Black
Sold by: XMT-MOTO
$139.77

How do you mean...not recognised?

As in it comes up with the wrong colours

eb61a5b98fa8975ee11c329e1a8a1775.jpg

As in it comes up with the wrong colours

eb61a5b98fa8975ee11c329e1a8a1775.jpg

I thought that might be the Colorite's own name for it...:nenau. They seem to be the go to paint company...might be worth dropping them a line. Failing that I suppose an enquiry via a Honda dealer might be another avenue.

The service from Shad UK seems very good.
Ordered my SH58X and rack earlier in this week and its supposedly arriving tomorrow.

Being a painting numpty, how would I go about painting the top panel of the Shad box ?

Simply use an aerosol from the link Big Si provided above or would I need to apply a coat of primer first ? And then a coat of laquer on top ?

3d3086b804b40280065e0d667a076b95.jpg

I’ve ordered the box with the carbon cover.Ta

The top panel is removable. Take it off and get it professionally sprayed is what u would do

The problem with painting plastic panels is that the paint needs a plasticiser added to the mix to make it flexible,

Otherwise you’ll need the base coat and the matt clear coat, and yes a plastic primer

Do you know anyone who can spray paint ?

The top panel is removable. Take it off and get it professionally sprayed is what u would do

The problem with painting plastic panels is that the paint needs a plasticiser added to the mix to make it flexible,

Otherwise you’ll need the base coat and the matt clear coat, and yes a plastic primer

Do you know anyone who can spray paint ?

No probs, I’ll take it to a local spray shop.

Ta.

Martin, I have asked the question on a couple of Goldwing sites....I'll get back to you if I get a sensible answer. :rolleyes:

I know one or two folks have had theirs wrapped in their bike colours by a co. called Invisible Patterns who I think are based in Leigh in Lancs. :thumb2

Martin, I have asked the question on a couple of Goldwing sites....I'll get back to you if I get a sensible answer. :rolleyes:

I know one or two folks have had theirs wrapped in their bike colours by a co. called Invisible Patterns who I think are based in Leigh in Lancs. :thumb2

Back rest fitted

ee5be4f14501c62ea6b91385a0872ea5.jpg

Panel off

67c13ec2ff9db67f3050fe7a3c0ad7fb.jpg

Going to try a couple of local paint shops to see if they’ll do it

I am presuming you can spray the faux carbon top panel satisfactorily (?),...if not you can buy black or white smooth top panels for them.

I am presuming you can spray the faux carbon top panel satisfactorily (?),...if not you can buy black or white smooth top panels for them.

Just dropped it off at a local firm.
The sprayer guy said he could do it no problem.He’s even going to mask off the SHAD emblem and spray the black surround matt to go with the matt blue.

Just dropped it off at a local firm.
The sprayer guy said he could do it no problem.He’s even going to mask off the SHAD emblem and spray the black surround matt to go with the matt blue.

Result! Do you have to supply the paint or is your sprayer going to?

Back
Top Bottom