Wing Luggage

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Apologies for starting a new thread but I couldn’t find what I was looking for .
My Wing is due next month (hopefully) !
I’ve gone for the full option pack which includes a rear rack

9e97d0c2fb973ce29da09894ce0b84e6.jpg

I can then use my Enduristan roll bag (either medium or large) Rok-strapped to the back.

BUT, I’m also thinking that a top box with back rest might be more convenient when two up.

I read somewhere (but can’t find the bloody post) that one of you boys has a Shad ? ( I think).

I see also that Givi offer a rack and a few options :

0fff2bfdd391806cb3bb5f4313d639f7.jpg

Such as

d64f33973b56890585df45eb6f394898.jpg

Interesting to see that the Honda rack only supports a 3 kg load and the Givi plate a 6 kg load !!

My roll bag this week must have weighed 18-20kgs and you fill up a 56 litre top box with kit and it’ll be way more than 6 kgs !!

Edited to add.

Givi seems to charge a premium for the adaptor plate but not bad for the top box

8b09beb43b66d0462c466e294aa95fb8.jpg

Whereas the Shad plate is cheap but the box is expensive

bff4d35c199e0f6ec73c83a2767956d9.jpg

76e3dbf4c609810b67179729d362e15c.jpg

Having not got my bike to hand , do these top box plates bold straight on to the back of the Wing, where the cutouts are ?

ac9fd20d713bfa22ace1cf286cc1c5ee.jpg

Ta

Evening. The one they use is a shad sh58. It expands , has a backrest and the top panel can be sprayed to match the bike. You need the correct rack to. If you can’t find one give me a pm. I have a pet dealer.
You may get better results by posting this on that other place as a lot of them use it.

Goldwing Racks

Hi

I have a genuine honda rear rack and front rear back rests for sale if interested ? And a show chrome rear rack pics enclosed.

Thanks

Andrew

Attachments

• 0AB9D243-A7E1-4BEC-9003-884271A98A38.jpg
    0AB9D243-A7E1-4BEC-9003-884271A98A38.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 305
  • 10375D12-46FD-471D-A75E-45EE8C0031E4.jpg
    10375D12-46FD-471D-A75E-45EE8C0031E4.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 305
  • D45F3BB3-3A84-437D-AF78-8BFEFE4C5888.jpg
    D45F3BB3-3A84-437D-AF78-8BFEFE4C5888.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 300
Evening. The one they use is a shad sh58. It expands , has a backrest and the top panel can be sprayed to match the bike. You need the correct rack to. If you can’t find one give me a pm. I have a pet dealer.
You may get better results by posting this on that other place as a lot of them use it.

Had a look on there and many seem to like the Shad but there is talk of having to drill 4 holes to make the base plate fit ?

I’m veering towards Givi , especially as I can order from Sportsbikeshop and get free postage and VAT off.Plus I’ve had Givi stuff before and always been impressed

Thought you had a Rune?

I did but got made and offer I couldn’t refuse.

Had a look on there and many seem to like the Shad but there is talk of having to drill 4 holes to make the base plate fit ?

I’m veering towards Givi , especially as I can order from Sportsbikeshop and get free postage and VAT off.Plus I’ve had Givi stuff before and always been impressed

I did but got made and offer I couldn’t refuse.

I have the SHAD 58X and I like it. I'm pretty sure you would have to drill 4 holes whatever system you buy You see the 2 small panels on the pic above? They pop out of the main panel to the rear of the seat and are oem marked on the underside where the holes need to be drilled.

A pic of the mounting plate fitted............:thumb

Attachments

• Shad plate.jpg
    Shad plate.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 261
Drilling is required, whatever mount you use, be it SHAD, Givi or whoever. As Big Si says, it's just the 2 inserts though.

To give you an idea of how the rear end is assembled, this guy fits a full OE tour pack to his bagger .......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlJILrKT2OQ

It's just a shame these aren't demountable, like the HD kits, to give riders options.

Arsey, you could always change the order to a tour model………..don’t swear at me :p

Drilling is required, whatever mount you use, be it SHAD, Givi or whoever. As Big Si says, it's just the 2 inserts though.

To give you an idea of how the rear end is assembled, this guy fits a full OE tour pack to his bagger .......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlJILrKT2OQ

It's just a shame these aren't demountable, like the HD kits, to give riders options.

Bloody hell !!! Sod that !! That installation was a tad involved.

Also a shame that the bagger doesn't come with electronically adjustable rear shocks.........(for the money) but that's another story for a different day.

Having looked at a vid of the Shad 58X in use, I’ve ordered one with inner bag, back rest and mounting plate.

https://youtu.be/2PmqXfzNLc8

Got VAT off and free postage so total of £359 !

The bloody rear rack as part of the Goldwing Full Option Pack is £600 FFS !!!

Evening. The one they use is a shad sh58. It expands , has a backrest and the top panel can be sprayed to match the bike.

Assume the panel comes off easy ?

It looks like the Matt Jeans Blue Metallic of the latest bike with a paint code of PB417M is impossible to get hold of !

Which top box panel have you gone for, carbon or coloured ?

Back
Top Bottom