New Waterproofs needed

Thanks lads looks like the Scott Ergo is the winner.

For the strides part of your ensemble, Giles (who might have ridden further or more than most in the rain) had this to say:

We use berghaus walking trousers at work for smart ‘tailored’ bike waterproof trousers, and they have been brilliant.

For the strides part of your ensemble, Giles (who might have ridden further or more than most in the rain) had this to say:

I'll have a look thanks.
Where did you lads purchase the Scott ergo gear FC Moto ?

Cheers Toddy. Be easier from there just in case I don't get the correct size or have issues.

I live near enough so I popped over and tried a couple of different sizes on as I wanted them to fit over my jeans and Belstaff jacket.

Had the opportunity to try them in anger on a trip up to see Andres in Nottingham, when the heavens opened and it absolutely chucked it down. You need to go ol school and put a plastic bag over your shoes when donning the trousers, as although they have quite a long zip, it just makes life that bit easier! The design is brilliant, with the trousers coming up well over your waist and the jacket has a really good long cut. Once on, the stretchy fabric is just ace and makes them really comfortable to wear without being too bulky, and I can vouch that I stayed 100% dry. They are also toasty warm too!

I’m sure you won’t be disappointed Chris, and any wet crotch in the future will definitely be coz you’ve pissed yourself ;) :D

I live near enough so I popped over and tried a couple of different sizes on as I wanted them to fit over my jeans and Belstaff jacket.

Had the opportunity to try them in anger on a trip up to see Andres in Nottingham, when the heavens opened and it absolutely chucked it down. You need to go ol school and put a plastic bag over your shoes when donning the trousers, as although they have quite a long zip, it just makes life that bit easier! The design is brilliant, with the trousers coming up well over your waist and the jacket has a really good long cut. Once on, the stretchy fabric is just ace and makes them really comfortable to wear without being too bulky, and I can vouch that I stayed 100% dry. They are also toasty warm too!

I’m sure you won’t be disappointed Chris, and any wet crotch in the future will definitely be coz you’ve pissed yourself ;) :D

Nice one. I'll look at the size charts before ordering. I'll miss pissing my pants when I'm wet.;)

Well I will vote for both scott and held, I have the held jacket and the Scott over trousers, both work exceptionaly well

My old waterproofs ended up in a bin in Lucerne. They’d been in the garage or a top box for too many years and were about as much use in the torrential storm we encountered as a string vest.

I bought a one-piece from https://silverstone.ch/ for about 90 quid. It works, we had another storm the following day.

The alternative approach was demonstrated by a guy who passed us, and a couple of trucks, riding a large-ish Jap bike wearing a lid, t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

Ordered the Scott ergo from Motolegends. Next day delivery.

Scott ergo here too :thumb

I bought a plastic bag suit for my Harley trip last year and it failed within 10 minutes (which was shit because it pretty much rained for 48hrs non stop).

After that I bit the bullet and spent money on a quality set up, the Scott stuff is top tier.

Tried expensive gear and ended up wet and felt like id wasted hundreds of pounds
i bought Oxford Rainseal jacket £25 and pants £20 been dry ever since.
For the money the quality is very good.

Even when on the bike a whole day in torrential rain they haven't let me down...... my boots, well thats another issue lol

i need new waterproof boots :)

Bought the Scott ergo from the FC Moto shop last week, glad I went in to try for size, I would have ordered Large by post, but I also tried on Medium and they were a better fit over my Rukka suit.

Goretex kit is only good if it is maintained. Wash in the proper stuff and reproof then tumble dry on low to reactivate the membrane. Dirty goretex will leak. Also be aware that heat drives water through the membrane so heated seats will make your bum wet, heated grips will make your hands wet.

FWIW I still have all my military issued goretex kit both Navy and Cammo (I demobbed in 2006) and it all still works perfectly.

Hi..just looking for size advice for mail order for Scott Ergo...I wear a size 58 jacket and trousers in Rukka or HG....what size in Scott Ergo would work over either...going over for the NEC show in a couple weeks...would there be a supplier there
thanx
John

Hi..just looking for size advice for mail order for Scott Ergo...I wear a size 58 jacket and trousers in Rukka or HG....what size in Scott Ergo would work over either...going over for the NEC show in a couple weeks...would there be a supplier there
thanx
John
Phone Motolegends and ask them your question. They have far more experience in sizing these things than I suspect everyone on this site has. Oh and order from them. Best bike shop in the country imho.

Phone Motolegends and ask them your question. They have far more experience in sizing these things than I suspect everyone on this site has. Oh and order from them. Best bike shop in the country imho.

Cheers...would like to have a pair in a saddlebag just in case...I'm in Ireland so brexit has fked up ordering from the UK..thats why I'm asking for the advice as I'll prob have to order from Europe..hopefully there might be a company selling them at the NEC show that I can try and buy
J

Back
Top Bottom