New GS1300 new pics

,the XR does not handle as well as either bikes , it’s a straight road rocket . One thing I miss is the torque but the V4 makes up on handling .

I disagree about the XR being a straight Rd rocket, yeah it lights up @ 9k but it’s that smooth and pulls from any gear allowing it to be fun without doing triple figures.

Tho I agree totally on the suspension and it’s only on the very best surfaces the XR suspension is ok’ish.

The multi pikes peak feels heavy and the tank cocoons you like the GSA, the added weight does make it feel planted, the suspension is bloody brilliant.

I disagree about the XR being a straight Rd rocket, yeah it lights up @ 9k but it’s that smooth and pulls from any gear allowing it to be fun without doing triple figures.

Tho I agree totally on the suspension and it’s only on the very best surfaces the XR suspension is ok’ish.

The multi pikes peak feels heavy and the tank cocoons you like the GSA, the added weight does make it feel planted, the suspension is bloody brilliant.

Went back to the V4s as PP was issue prone ( long story) the V4 is so balanced and turns fast and precise , the 19 front makes it great on back road thrashing . The XR I rode I found it hard to keep on line and smooth but only borrowed it for a week .

Went back to the V4s as PP was issue prone ( long story) the V4 is so balanced and turns fast and precise , the 19 front makes it great on back road thrashing . The XR I rode I found it hard to keep on line and smooth but only borrowed it for a week .

Tbh I love my XR the suspension can be sorted with tractive but at a cost, another improvement was fitting a better steering damper, certain aspects of the xr are better then the multi.

I bought the multi pp to replace the XR but now I can’t find it in me to get rid of the XR.

22fefcc9472c819e539417c5684b77c0.jpg

It always hard to choose between good bikes , glad to see you kept both . Gave my 990 SMR to my son as could not sell it , still puts a smile on my face as use it occasionally.

Tbh I love my XR the suspension can be sorted with tractive but at a cost, another improvement was fitting a better steering damper, certain aspects of the xr are better then the multi.

I bought the multi pp to replace the XR but now I can’t find it in me to get rid of the XR.

22fefcc9472c819e539417c5684b77c0.jpg

Tried an XR and didn't like it one bit. The PP I do like, but have the SFV4S & my1250 GS which are safely worlds apart - if there was one bike to replace these 2 it's the PP!

Glad my 1250 is due to be replaced next June, and it will be with another 1250.

Fully water cooled will mean heavier and none of my 1250 bling will fit - who the hell needs more power? I'd suggest that 99.9999% of people can't/don't use anywhere near what they have now, no matter what they tell their mates/spout on social media. A GS with 150hp is not a GS, its just a GS styled monster.

I wouldn’t mind the extra power, but the real questions will be

A) if the torque curve has been compromised. 99% of my riding is below 6.5k rpm.

B) no weight gain, and ideally 10-15kg weight loss.

Not sure why everyone wants MORE of everything , I have a new r1250GSA LC with Maxton suspension and it is a great bike and tourer .

BUT for 99% of the time (except two up touring) my 4 year old KTM 1090 Adventure will run rings around it and any other BMW R1150/1200/1250gs/gsa I have owned or ridden , it has excellent ergonomics ,a good frame and basic but good quality WP suspension.

BMW will make changes to the R series and then Ducati/KTM will up their game and all the suckers will be queuing up for a new model that they cannot use more than 50 % of it s potential on the roads

Not sure why everyone wants MORE of everything , I have a new r1250GSA LC with Maxton suspension and it is a great bike and tourer .

BUT for 99% of the time (except two up touring) my 4 year old KTM 1090 Adventure will run rings around it and any other BMW R1150/1200/1250gs/gsa I have owned or ridden , it has excellent ergonomics ,a good frame and basic but good quality WP suspension.

BMW will make changes to the R series and then Ducati/KTM will up their game and all the suckers will be queuing up for a new model that they cannot use more than 50 % of it s potential on the roads

Depends what you mean by 50% of its potential, mine often gets 100% of the throttle during overtakes, the extra grunt (low/mid-range torque) is very welcome.

The 1250 will just about double the speed limit, but that is just a side effect of the extra shove available, but pretty irrelevant for daily road use.

Rather have an 800 GS boxer sub 200kg with a 100hp.

If they bring out a 800 boxer gs with telelever suspension….. I might look at trading in my 2019 r1250gs.
I don’t use all of the power most of the time, and think a 800, or 850 boxer gs would suit me.

Bubb

If they bring out a 800 boxer gs with telelever suspension….. I might look at trading in my 2019 r1250gs.
I don’t use all of the power most of the time, and think a 800, or 850 boxer gs would suit me.

Bubb

I could manage without the tele front but I'd want shaft drive. Off road focused.

Back
Top Bottom