V100 price announced.

fe8f78a4c1c5369b71361b5bacb5483a.png

bd482ca263cb4d5d9c3031e95ce5d6c8.png

f3b229bd2014f870ab181226998b864a.png

9a200aad9c4f7d399f57cdd8e86e89f2.png

So "it's along the line of a R1250RS but it's sportier, more agile, and slightly less tourer...." The way I read that is if my R1200RS's riding position was a little too sporty for me the V100 will be even a little more so. Beautiful motorcycle though.

Speaking to a dealer today.....is hoping to have bike/bikes by the end of November.

No idea of prices (Irish )

I hinted at €19 - €20 for the V100 S and he didn't correct me.

Really looking forward to trying one......even considering sticking down a blind deposit.

The Neeves lad absolutely loves it.

S20 5G sent this......

I think I'd love one. Pro's and Con's for my garage that has a 1290 Adventure in it:

Moto G
Pro's
Looks amazing.
Imagine it will have more character than 1290.

Con's
Everything else apart from the above.

The 1290 looks like it will out-gun the Moto G in just about every way. Not tech wise necessarily as lots of bikes have all the electronics. But to tour on, the 1290 will be a better all-rounder for sure. I wouldn't want to drop either of these two but the KTM would fare better in the event. The weather protection test would be won by the 1290 hands down. Climb every mountain...1290. Panniers...1290. Comfort...1290. Performance...1290. Range...1290.

Its a lovely thing though. And maybe thats enough for some. I don't think it could ever replace the 1290 for me but I'll definitely be testing one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea but your a bit touchy regarding luggage...

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Agree, the panniers look well. That top box though. Awful. So much for Italian design flair.

Who on earth, having designed such a fabulous looking bike, signed off on that top box FFS???

:blast:barf:blast

Looks like a typical top box to me, ugly with weight up high and out back behind the rear axle.

I wanted this bike since the first pictures and spec was revealed (really miss my 1200 Sport) and was hoping to buy a 12 month old one ready for next Summer:(

I wanted this bike since the first pictures and spec was revealed (really miss my 1200 Sport) and was hoping to buy a 12 month old one ready for next Summer:(
Do you think it being 50kg lighter than the Crosstourer DCT would negate the drop in power??

S20 5G sent this......

Do you think it being 50kg lighter than the Crosstourer DCT would negate the drop in power??

S20 5G sent this......

The CT DCT is 285kg and mine has got about another 25kg of accessories on it . Engine bars , bash plate, R&G hugger, fender extender, and other protectors , a screen spoiler , hand spoilers , spot lights. A very heavy topbox with backrest and metal rack on top. I would possibly fit a topbox to the Guzzi but that’s it. The loss of weight and also the chassis geometry would , I imagine, make it more agile and fun and certainly that’s that the NCN initial rider report would suggest. I’ve always said if you’ve got 100+ bhp then that’s enough to have loads fun and blast past most other road traffic with ease. It’s about 10kg less and just over 10bhp more than my 1200 Sport and that was never lacking.

Finally the claimed Guzzi:weight is also fully fuelled, many manufacturers claim dry weights.

It’s got 115 bhp FFS.How much do you need ??

Far more succinctly put :thumb

So "it's along the line of a R1250RS but it's sportier, more agile, and slightly less tourer...." The way I read that is if my R1200RS's riding position was a little too sporty for me the V100 will be even a little more so. Beautiful motorcycle though.

If you read the while article the bars are quite high and further back, the tester was over 6ft and found the pegs to provide plenty of room. As standard it has a very low seat height and there is an option to buy a taller seat to gain more legroom.

After reading it all I read that sound bite slightly differently to the way you have. I believe he meant its sportier in nature and in character in the way it rides. it’s quite slim too so possibly less wind / weather protection ? Just my 2p :thumb

I admit to not reading the entirety but I did take notice when I read it being essentially "more sporty and less tourer than a BMW R1250RS". Glad to hear there is plenty of leg room with a relatively low seat and the bars are positioned relatively high and rearward. Now I have to uncheck it off my "don't buy list".

If you read the while article the bars are quite high and further back, the tester was over 6ft and found the pegs to provide plenty of room. As standard it has a very low seat height...

....After reading it all I read that sound bite slightly differently to the way you have. I believe he meant its sportier in nature and in character in the way it rides.......

Back
Top Bottom