GPX - Deutsche Alpenstrasse

Wapping

Reaction score
Quite a nice simple map of the route of the ‘German Alpine Road’, which runs roughly along the border between Germany and Austria, courtesy of Motorrad magazine 20/2022

792dce6e9c11ce6dafb8cc0d6a447573.png

f5810c81f988417b81dd19ced3e243d4.png

684119f8aae5329d778cc44adf368483.png

Indeed it is.

In the article, the author rode it on some sort of electric sports bike. The future is out there….. silent travel.

As a plus it passes the Held Clothing HQ and store in Sonthofen, well worth a visit.

Great route and It was a perfect way to get to The BMW weekend at Garmish Partenkitchen.
Shame that's now being held in Berlin = I believe

HHmmmm Garmisch Partenkirchen, fond memories of riding the Alpen strasse in 1984. My pal and I stayed over in a hotel and met two delightful local girls, had a great time with them, and then at Breakfast told us they were married to American GIs based nearby. We ate a hasty breakfast and promptly fecked off. Not been back since.

Arsey just wondering if there was a particular reason that your route did this, or should it not go down and back up at the point in the picture,

Attachments

• 2023-06-28_10-34-12.jpg
    2023-06-28_10-34-12.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 37
Might be doing it next year so just spent 30 minutes doing this

Having similar thoughts. Combined with that Austrian Romantic Road then return through the forests in the east of Bavaria.

I can answer the routing anomaly question.

The 305 road north of Schneizlreuth is closed, so MyRoute has simply taken you as far as it can to waypoint 32, before turning around and making the loop to waypoint 33. From 33 it then picks up the ’correct‘ route to 34 / the end at 35.

IMG_4102.jpgIMG_4103.png

I can answer the routing anomaly question.

The 305 road north of Schneizlreuth is closed, so MyRoute has simply taken you as far as it can to waypoint 32, before turning around and making the loop to waypoint 33. From 33 it then picks up the ’correct‘ route to 34 / the end at 35.

View attachment 270385View attachment 270386

Thanks Richard .

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

Thanks to those who have taken time and shared it.

I shall do that route in Sept and reverse in Oct. (y)

Thanks Richard .

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

Welcome.

Here it is, with the road closure diversion removed:

How did I do it?

a. Many MyRoute (and indeed Google maps) route anomalies are caused by road closures. That of course assumes that there are no user errors when planting waypoints.

b. I uploaded Arsey’s route to my MyRoute account, as a track, not a route.

c. I then asked MyRoute to convert the track into a route, which it did. Naturally enough, the route it offered up, displayed the closure loop too.

d. I then deleted any additional waypoints.

e. I then asked MyRoute to ignore any seasonal closures. I think that MyRoute cannot tell the difference between a seasonal closure and a road that is only closed.

f. MyRoute did the rest. In the background, I also displayed the track, just to be sure everything lined up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom