MYRoute’s three different offerings

Wapping

Reaction score
At the moment MyRoute offers three completely separate things. As they are separate, there is sometimes some confusion over which of the three bods are looking at or finding difficulties with.

Here’s my take on the three.

1. MyRoute Route Planner

In its basic form, it looks something like this:

cc02e92565bbbe3a70cb42cd4a549e54.png

This is a web / Cloud based route planning application. It is available in two forms. One is free, the other is a ‘Gold’ version, which you pay for. As its name might imply, the ‘Gold’ version has more features (many of them very useful) than the basic free version.

It can also function very well as a library for routes that you have created yourself or have uploaded from other sources. It also allows you to share routes with friends or the world at large.

Think of it as a sort of MapSource or BaseCamp for the internet.

2. MyRoute-app Mobile

700726a22c73d0e3ca43ebf56338a02e.png

This is a free app, which is a sort of basic version of MyRoute Route Planner. Whilst you can’t navigate by it, in the same way as you can navigate by say a BaseCamp route running on a Garmin GPS device, you can just about use it to follow your bike’s position on the line of the route. It’s a bit crude but it does work.

It can be used to record your jaunts, too.

This app has just been updated in the last day or so, as MyRoute-app Mobile 3.2.1

c36182ad125e02bc32f7a73127d64492.png

3. MyRoute-app Navigation

c02064be5da16661a30b67632091d2e2.png

This is a paid for app.

As its name suggests, it allows full navigation functions.

It is being updated or maybe replaced by a new version (MyRoute Next app) in 2023.

PS Outside of UKGSer’s tip-top GPS section, MyRoute has an excellent help page / forum of its own. I have used it several times when I was learning how some things worked. My questions were all answered quickly and clearly.

f6397a02d065d29f3ca84d0434d5644f.png

NOTE:

Bods who already have a lifetime subscription to MYRoute’s existing Navigation app do NOT need to subscribe to the new NEXT app or buy it separately.

When the new app is released, existing subscription users will switch across to the new app automatically.

MRA Navigation Lifetime

Immediately after your registration you will receive access to MRA Navigation Lifetime. You don't have to do anything for that yourself.

Already have MRA Navigation Lifetime? Then you will automatically have access to MRA Navigation in 2023 Next Lifetime. So you do NOT have to pay again.

I was about to contact you for some explanation of how it all works - so thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom