Harwich B&B.

Personally I usually take the overnight crossing, which avoids the need for a stop-over & gets you on the road early in NL. Watch the bar time though, the Dutch plod sometimes pull all the bikers over & breathalyse every rider.

However there is a Premier Inn, just off the rbt, right near the Port entrance in Parkstone which scores OK. Maybe just have a cuppa/snack first thing & eat on the Ferry - you'll have a few hours to kill.

Personally I usually take the overnight crossing, which avoids the need for a stop-over & gets you on the road early in NL. Watch the bar time though, the Dutch plod sometimes pull all the bikers over & breathalyse every rider.

Maybe just have a cuppa/snack first thing & eat on the Ferry - you'll have a few hours to kill.

^^
What he said.
I've sailed from Harwich a few times and always taken the evening ferry.
Left home after the morning rush hour and had a leisurely cross country/minor roads ride to Harwich.
Food, few drinks and kip on the boat then onboard brekky and you're ready for a full day's riding abroad. :thumb

Likewise for Channel ferries or Eurotunnel....never seen the point in staying here overnight when you can get a late afternoon/evening crossing and then have a first night and full fresh day in foreigner land.

Back
Top Bottom