Picos tour 2022

Just to explain photos to those who haven't followed my trip reports, I am taking lots of photos but there on a full frame DSLR and the file sizes are too big to upload on here, within a couple of days of returning to UK I will create a gallerie and pop a link on here, meanwhile I will try and remember to take more phone pics::D

https://www.flickr.com/gp/65081372@N04/vj0Y3BRXuCu

Just did nine riding days in The Picos (And Aragon) from 11th leaving at Plymouth and got back on Tuesday 20th. Had a great time. Took a newish rider with us who had only been riding 2 years. He was dumbstruck with the roads. We tanked it to Mieres Del Camino from the ferry and stayed at H.Albar Mieres for two days in the best accommodation I've stayed in whilst visiting the Picos. We then came East to Potes for three days and stayed in Casa Las Vegas, a complete five-bed house about five minutes from the delights of the town centre.

We then tanked it down on the Saturday for the MotoGP in Motoland Aragon, staying in Calatayud. The contrast between the riding in The Picos and the flat, open plains was marked. I enjoyed both and it helped that all the riding in the south was dry. I'd love to arrange a whole trip around this area. There were Arizona style rock formations that you'd see in a spaghetti western. Brilliant.

We met loads of great fellow bikers and although it didn't spoil the trip in The Picos, the new speed restrictions were a bit frustrating.

Sorry for hijacking your post but I got too excited.

The hanging scene with Clint Eastwood was filmed near there and still exits and can be visited.

Had another busy day today shooting classic bikes with the Moto Piston Rally earned myself a free lunch with the organisers, looks like may be doing week with them in 2023
Chilling back in Hotel with a Large G&T!!!

The hanging scene with Clint Eastwood was filmed near there and still exits and can be visited.

Had another busy day today shooting classic bikes with the Moto Piston Rally earned myself a free lunch with the organisers, looks like may be doing week with them in 2023
Chilling back in Hotel with a Large G&T!!!

Sounds as though you are having a great time! I see the weather's a bit mixed but it's never stopped my enjoyment. Stay safe.

First full day here planned a quiet one, down to Potes for a wander and visit my favorite bar for lunch, just about the strongest stinkiest cheese ever!
Back to hotel and car park full of British bikes
Mia's grown

20220920_124646 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

Was that Valdeon chese? I remember getting some in that area, in the shop you could only buy it in sealed glass jars. Brilliant blue cheese, small restaurant in the village had it

Was that Valdeon chese? I remember getting some in that area, in the shop you could only buy it in sealed glass jars. Brilliant blue cheese, small restaurant in the village had it

Don't know, will ask next time I'm in there.

Saturday Forecast wet so planed a local day and back to hotel for lunch, the wet weather didn't really appear but could do with a rest day anyway,
Cocido lebaniego
A hearty local dish of mixed meats, chickpeas and dumplings for lunch
Couldn't finish it all

Attachments

• 308714236_10160653711629668_3433753913755498668_n.jpg
    308714236_10160653711629668_3433753913755498668_n.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 425
Day off yesterday, and extended my stay at Hotel Del Oso for another 3 nights, was going to have city break in Bilbao but change of plan and more rides:D lots still to see ....:thumb2

Thanks Mark.

That’s EV sorted then :-

c29c2d0d4554cce10a9d61eff4ced675.jpg

e69ff0ee57e1ec49adba09fe418af311.jpg

Where’s the Fabada Asturiana gone from the starters menu ???

Mixed sale acome swith tuna and asparagus will have in the mayonnaise!

Good blast today 120 miles on amazing empty roads temp 21deg wind light, scattered clouds, caught in 15 min heavier shower this afternoon but sun came out again in time to dry me off
Numbers of fellow bikers on the road today has dramatically dropped of which is a shame in some ways but not missing some of the crazy riding of some English plates, don't see it with other nationalities.

20220928_130824 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

Looking damp out of the breakfast window this morning, forecast wet today but I'm optimistic that it will improve enough for a trip out later, breakfast with a bunch from Newcastle area some on ukgser who are leaving this morning back to UK, nice to meet you all
Weather for Friday and Sat looking good, ferry back Sunday

Attachments

• 20220929_090017.jpg
    20220929_090017.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 269
Friday, sunny, extended my stay another 7 nights as having such a good time here and don't miss the UK at all:D
Today a ride down to the Riana area again to visit 2 locations, Collado de Llesba, Cain De Valdeon

The road to Cain de Valdeon was spectacular and demanding, very tight in places especially if you meet a motorhome coming the other way, worth the trip though
130 miles
Back to Hotel del Oso for a very nice chunk of Turbot

20220930_151100 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

20220930_140156 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

20220930_140322 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

20220930_143030 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

2022-09-30_09-59-50 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom