Picos tour 2022

Friday, sunny, extended my stay another 7 nights as having such a good time here and don't miss the UK at all:D
Today a ride down to the Riana area again to visit 2 locations, Collado de Llesba, Cain De Valdeon

The road to Cain de Valdeon was spectacular and demanding, very tight in places especially if you meet a motorhome coming the other way, worth the trip though
130 miles
Back to Hotel del Oso for a very nice chunk of Turbot

20220930_151100 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

20220930_140156 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

20220930_140322 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

20220930_143030 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

2022-09-30_09-59-50 by Mark Handley, on Flickr

One of my favourite rides in the Picos area

Not much grub there for a growing man.;)

A cheerful bunch of Scottish Bikers at Hotel del Oso this morning some on Ukgser

Attachments

• 20221001_122345.jpg
    20221001_122345.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 371
Cheerful Bikers

Thanks for that Mark, it was nice sharing a coffee with you, the guys are pleased they now have a photo without a row of numbers below their normal scowling mugshot

I see you have extended your stay. I'm just back from some days in the Picos & Pyrenees. I spent a night in Cangas de Onis then 2 nights in the Parador at Cervera de Pisuerga bfore heading to the ferry yesterday. It was a tad damp going up to Santander and home from Plymouth.

Anyway, if you have not done it before, I can recommend the P210 that goes from near Riano over to Cervera. Great road over some passes and through gorges that have been dammed. The reservoirs are pretty empty so you can see the depth of the gorges.

Nice little 4 hour loop https://goo.gl/maps/kWwEeSowCGz8PSZ8A

I see you have extended your stay. I'm just back from some days in the Picos & Pyrenees. I spent a night in Cangas de Onis then 2 nights in the Parador at Cervera de Pisuerga bfore heading to the ferry yesterday. It was a tad damp going up to Santander and home from Plymouth.

Anyway, if you have not done it before, I can recommend the P210 that goes from near Riano over to Cervera. Great road over some passes and through gorges that have been dammed. The reservoirs are pretty empty so you can see the depth of the gorges.

Nice one. Will copy an paste route for our Picos tour next year. Thanks.

Thanks Wessie
Had that very same route planned for some time in the next few days, nice to know a bit more about it :thumb

Looking damp out of the breakfast window this morning, forecast wet today but I'm optimistic that it will improve enough for a trip out later, breakfast with a bunch from Newcastle area some on ukgser who are leaving this morning back to UK, nice to meet you all
Weather for Friday and Sat looking good, ferry back Sunday

Yes Mark,

Good to meet you to.

We got back ok albeit getting through customs at around 17;50 ish after the delay to the ferry in the pissing down rain. Had a word with the guy who was directing the traffic from the boat to the border control as to why they let the cars, vans and motorhomes through first when it is torrential rain and guy's on the bikes are getting soaked whilst sitting in the que with no shelter? (Gripe over)

Hope to see you around soon.

Steve:beerjug:

Yes Mark,

Good to meet you to.

We got back ok albeit getting through customs at around 17;50 ish after the delay to the ferry in the pissing down rain. Had a word with the guy who was directing the traffic from the boat to the border control as to why they let the cars, vans and motorhomes through first when it is torrential rain and guy's on the bikes are getting soaked whilst sitting in the que with no shelter? (Gripe over)

Hope to see you around soon.

Steve:beerjug:

They did the same with all the bikes about 3 weeks ago, except it was sweltering heat. We moaned. Baffling.

Oh well, that's it 21 nights away, now sat on ferry showered, with a nice pint waiting to depart Santander for Plymouth tomorrow, been great will post a link to some pics when I get to edit them,
Thanks for following and comments and all the people I met

Where next?

Attachments

• 20221006_142900.jpg
    20221006_142900.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 20221006_152131.jpg
    20221006_152131.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 242

Back
Top Bottom