Sleeping Bag Liner

DJ123

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend one which has a side opening, I CBA with the faff of one without this feature. I don't generally camp in colder climates and my sleeping bag is in the comfort range of 2-7 degrees, which is plenty for me. So i don't need anything that specifically adds warmth, but won't rule it out so long as it's not adding a lot of temp.

TIA

I have an excellent silk liner from these people in Scotland.

https://scottishsilkworm.co.uk/

You don’t say what shape of liner you want but maybe try one from the people in Scotland and have someone near your home alter it, perhaps?

A friend of mine had his daughter run one up with her sewing machine, from an old cotton sheet.

The whole point of a silk liner is that it’s so light you barely know it’s there yet it adds warmth out of proportion to it lightness. A zip would ruin it. A set of silk PJs would be a better solution

But, I too don’t like the form fit of most silk liners, don’t wear or like PJs so went for an extra long extra wide “JagBag”. From these guys. https://www.terrevistatrails.com/ Rack colours but it works well and us huge.

The other thing to consider is a very small down camping quilt. My son has one from Alpkit I think. It’s a rectangle about 3’ wide and 4-5’ long. He uses it around his body when he’s sitting around camping in cold weather then upgrades his bag at night with it either draped over or inside the bag. It’s unfeasibly light and packs to the size of a big orange. I can’t see it on Alpkits website but Rab and other places do them.

Edit after reading Wappings post 🙄. I didn’t read the OP properly. Just take the above as info about how to uprate a standard sleeping.

I would have thought though that one of those eBay sellers from Vietnam that sell “silk”’bags (or at least used to) may be able to custom make a bag for you.

I’m not suggesting a zip.

What I am picturing is a opening up the long side of the liner and having it hemmed ( or whatever the word is) neatly.

I take a set of thermal base layers purely for sleeping in now. I tried a sleeping bag liner and it was more hassle than it was worth. It kept getting all tangled up. It did keep me warm though but I move about a lot in the night so quickly got in a mess. I have now bought a Rab down winter sleeping bag for the colder nights.

Back
Top Bottom