Côte d’Or and the Morvan - Dijon, Beaune, Chalons-sur-Saône

Wapping

Reaction score
Quite a nice set of varying length jaunts in this popular of France, all easily accessible from Calais, courtesy of Tourenfahrer magazine October 2022.

66a182b7eba35082e1e85a13ab6682ca.png

Download them in the usual way.

https://www.tourenfahrer.de/tour-datenbank/

cd3525efe580fa28532dae287995b053.png

I rode that area at the end of September. Great area to explore but unfortunately the weather gods did not smile and it rained torrents for 5 days solid:mad:

You can’t really go wrong with any road in the Morvan, it’s a great area for a few days biking

I am thinking about going to the Morvan again, out on a Thursday afternoon, returning to the UK on the Tuesday lunchtime, for a long weekend.

This might be of interest to anyone thinking of doing something similar as a short (or longer) break. It has an overnight stop in Ste Menehould on the way down, which bods can easily swerve if they want to. It then has three alternative days out (all lifted / amended from various sources) all in or close to the Morvan. We’ll do one of them when we are there, but you could do more if you stayed a day or two longer, of course. Naturally enough you are not obliged to stay in Quarre les Tombes either, as there are lots of towns, villages and hotels to chose from. The return leg to Calais is one day. I may well add some additional possible days out at some point.

<iframe style="border:none;overflow:hidden" width="100%" height="562" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allow="geolocation" src="https://www.myrouteapp.com/embed/map/?folder=7631439&lang=en&user=25131&fitmarkers=true&origin=routes&unit=mi"></iframe>

Tap on the shields or on the ‘4’ to display each of the routes.

I am thinking about going to the Morvan again, out on a Thursday afternoon, returning to the UK on the Tuesday lunchtime, for a long weekend.

This might be of interest to anyone thinking of doing something similar as a short (or longer) break. It has an overnight stop in Ste Menehould on the way down, which bods can easily swerve if they want to. It then has three alternative days out (all lifted / amended from various sources) all in or close to the Morvan. We’ll do one of them when we are there, but you could do more if you stayed a day or two longer, of course. Naturally enough you are not obliged to stay in Quarre les Tombes either, as there are lots of towns, villages and hotels to chose from. The return leg to Calais is one day. I may well add some additional possible days out at some point.

<iframe style="border:none;overflow:hidden" width="100%" height="562" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allow="geolocation" src="https://www.myrouteapp.com/embed/map/?folder=7631439&lang=en&user=25131&fitmarkers=true&origin=routes&unit=mi"></iframe>

Quand, monsieur?:aidan

Might well be interested in this if you’d like some company?
It will depend on when you’re thinking of going. . . provisional moving date is two weeks today so my situation is best described as somewhat fluid at present!
Thanks for posting anyway:thumb

Back
Top Bottom