V85 clutch cable

wrinkleyowlie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I felt a bit of slack in my clutch cable, reckoned maybe it had stretched a little. On trying to adjust it the adjuster wouldn't turn. On closer inspection I could see the cable was almost fully broken with only about 5 or 6 strands still intact. The failure is right on the bit where it's attached to the nipple.
Not good on a bike with only just over 2k miles. I just hope it's not months to get a replacement.

I felt a bit of slack in my clutch cable, reckoned maybe it had stretched a little. On trying to adjust it the adjuster wouldn't turn. On closer inspection I could see the cable was almost fully broken with only about 5 or 6 strands still intact. The failure is right on the bit where it's attached to the nipple.
Not good on a bike with only just over 2k miles. I just hope it's not months to get a replacement.

They all do that sir

:jes

On a bike with 30k i'd say fine 2k, there may be an underlying Issue (not good)

hope they have one in stock

It'll be because the nipple isn't free to move in he lever, so instead of rotating slightly as the lever is pulled, the cable inner flexes until it breaks.

I think you are right Cookie. There's a plastic collar that goes over the nipple and sits in the lever. It would appear that the plastic collar was jamming the free movement of the nipple.

It would happen regularly on old Guzzis. Sounds like they have never fixed the problem.

Warranty claim agreed. I was informed cables are on back order, about 8-10 weeks. Luckily the nice folk at Teasdales have agreed to rob one from a new bike.

Worth getting a spare or do what I always did.
Get Venhill to make one for you.
Much better quality...

;)

Back
Top Bottom