1250RT Tyres

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone changed their tyres yet and if so what for ?

Cheers Doc

For better, grip, cornering, handling, etc….. what other reason you need for changing tyres?

Fitted Conti road attack 4s to my RT1250 before aquick tour of northern France 2 up. Not GTs but excellent tyres.Stable, grippy, quiet and good in the wet. Only 2000 miles in but seem to be wearing ok. Very sticky at the edges.

For better, grip, cornering, handling, etc….. what other reason you need for changing tyres?

Corners on a RT.:yikes

Fitted Conti road attack 4s to my RT1250 before aquick tour of northern France 2 up. Not GTs but excellent tyres.Stable, grippy, quiet and good in the wet. Only 2000 miles in but seem to be wearing ok. Very sticky at the edges.

Nice one thanks. I haven't looked into it but had Conti's on my gs1250a

Still using Metzeler Z8 on the 1200rt good all weather tyre without problems 11k out of the last set about £280 a pair fitted

Corners on a RT.:yikes

If one does ave a pair of Avocados, it is possible you know.

Anyhow, you’ve seen me flying about in Vercors…. Ok, I know it wasn’t two up at the time, unlike you and yours….. but I’ve had Continental Road Attack 3 fitted. On my second set now, prior to that OEM fitment Pirelli Scorpion 2, before that Dunlop RoadSmart. Conti RA3 are very nice and sticky. RA4 probably even better.

I’ve pulled up in a leafy lay-by on the way back, for a stretch and a drink, I ran over some leaves and other organic bits upon entering said lay-by, they stuck to a tyre as if glued with contact adhesive. And that is after riding on damp roads.

Z8s changed for Road 5GT, now Road 6GTs. Both sets of Michelins probably lasted 20% more than the Z8s. But I never get anywhere near 11k a set, normally change around 6-7k miles or when they start to cup on the front. Metzlers were fine and are cheaper than the Michelins.

Michelin Road 6's just put in mine.

I’m in the middle of a France / spin tour and so far they’ve acquitted themselves well, including biblical rain at one point.

Black Circles had a 15% off deal a couple of weeks ago. £266 delivered.

What was on originally, and what mileage have they done doc ?

Metzler Roadtec. Mileage just over 4500 miles. Bit left yet but will change to CA4's before my next trip.

What mileage have you lads been getting out of your tyres before changing ? Mine currently 4500 and probably one decent trip to do on it this year and then I might get shut of it.

I normally get around 6k, but they are not down to the 1mm limit, but have usually gone off so i change them. If you run the front at a slightly higher pressure, 38llb it helps a lot with cupping, have done that on both Metzler's and Michelins.

Here is an interesting thread, the video comes to the conclusion tyre wear depends on type of riding and riding styles

https://www.bmwlt.com/threads/how-much-does-riding-style-affect-tire-longevity.193892/#post-1995262

Interesting thanks.

Decided just to get some tyres. I have a choice of Conti road attack 4 or Conti road attack 4GT Which ones should i be choosing please.

I usually use mototyres but don't have what I want. Who do you lads use online ?

Decided just to get some tyres. I have a choice of Conti road attack 4 or Conti road attack 4GT Which ones should i be choosing please.
The GT was developed specifically for heavyweight touring bikes, such as the RT, it has greater load carrying and an additional carcass layer, that’s the one go for 👍

Back
Top Bottom