Picos June 2023

fc25cf0da2743b9c1695e0d967a2c5fe.jpg

Now attend to the weeds, pushing up between the block paving.

PS Good to see evidence of security in use.

Great thread and fairly envious we did the Picos last year similar circular route to what you are planning. Have a great trip and safe riding (y)

Just mulling over a little trip to the Picos in June 2023.
I’d be probably getting the Plymouth -Santander ferry on 18th June then stay probably four nights at the Hotel Del Oso, before probably riding home via my place in Brittany.

Started a new thread here to save fucking up Mark H’s thread.

I know Evskij may be up for it and possibly Khulu.

Anybody else ?

Don’t think Doc can make it as he’ll be just back from Cochem.

It’ll be a nice trip to give the Wing a run and nice to be based in one place.

I’ve ridden the Picos for five out of the last six years so know the area pretty well, and the Hotel del Oso is fabulous, with a lovely location , great hosts with great food and huge G and T’s.

Plus the St Bernards always on hand to greet you.

Plenty of tracks from Espinama to Sotres etc for those on GSs etc.

Will just potter around and do some old fav routes each day and possibly cable car up to Fuente De then walk down.

e9a536e5cb741c5b684e173dbcecb918.jpg

e261a90c7770b326d8eb74ede11d0fad.jpg

4a7639a81301c56c53045f33d358a2ea.jpg

254e7cc473e9655a6f03e8016e31edc4.jpg

6988b9fba14831d0f575e4eabc98caa9.jpg

b633b9bde8e07e4dde246cdf951d77f8.jpg

a1e94edc71259ef0e005712b233a8d22.jpg

69e4a5e27cfa728ddc9dc3449ac85e95.jpg

edc08589eac858180827e34a05a84643.jpg
256f6298e0dd86d6b358be45618d09a4.jpg

45e9c37752fb72a21401871b8de6e40a.jpg

One of many fabulous routes

db38f58c3119e336690485fe6bfc6ab3.jpg

Ideally no more than 5 of us so probably 3 spare places….
Gents, have you got room for one more if I can make the dates work?

There's room on the ferries.

Thanks

Gents, have you got room for one more if I can make the dates work?

There's room on the ferries.

Thanks

Absolutely.
You’d just need to book the Hotel Del Oso for 4 nights from 19th June.
After the 23rd were kind of going separate ways.
Ev and I are heading off on our own,Khulu is heading south ( I think),Astrro is meeting friends.
Not sure what Inda is doing.

Absolutely.
Ev and I are heading off on our own,Khulu is heading south ( I think),Astrro is meeting friends.
Thanks

I'll see if I can make this work and let you know.

Absolutely.
Oh no he's not!!!!
He's heading north!

Last September, plans were…..

today…….

So Khulu will be going east……
Seems to be the only option left, in order for him to finally make up his wondering mind!

Brilliant!

I guess, it is the joy of being retired with no strings attached (I think), might be wrong.

Thanks

I'll see if I can make this work and let you know.

Hotel booked from Tuesday 19th because it's full on the Monday so will find somewhere nearby for the Monday night.

I was going to ride through France heading home but in the end booked ferry both ways to and from Santander so have until Monday to explore.

Any suggestions on where I can stay on Monday 19th would be appreciated. Hopefully the hotel will have a cancellation.

Looking forward to it.

Hotel booked from Tuesday 19th because it's full on the Monday so will find somewhere nearby for the Monday night.

I was going to ride through France heading home but in the end booked ferry both ways to and from Santander so have until Monday to explore.

Any suggestions on where I can stay on Monday 19th would be appreciated. Hopefully the hotel will have a cancellation.

Looking forward to it.
infantado has rooms Steve, stayed a few times, nice hotel

I was about to suggest he will need his water wings
Hi Wessie

Please will you remind me of the European any vehicle breakdown cover you've referred to previously and where to buy it from?

I saved a screenshot of the details previously but can't find it now I need it!

Thanks.

Looking forward to it.

Good man

Hi Wessie

Please will you remind me of the European any vehicle breakdown cover you've referred to previously and where to buy it from?

I saved a screenshot of the details previously but can't find it now I need it!

Thanks.
go to Moneysupermarket - get a quote including homestart - you should see LV= about 4th down in the list of quotes. I renewed mine last month as it was no dearer a year on

Looking forward to it.

Welcome to the trip!

I see you are in Gloucestershire, so likely to be bombing it down to Plymouth on the M5.
I think the plan is to meet up at the waterfront cafe a couple of hours prior to boarding, for a chill out and a bite to eat.
I can only imagine the queues on board at the self service restaurant.
I rather we ate on terra ferma and sip a pint or two whilst bobbing about at sea.

Note to self: Must not forget them tablets to suppress sea :barf

I’ve been insuring my bikes with BeMoto for the past few years. Gone a full hog every time for their Titanium cover. Comes with Euro and local breakdown cover.

Back
Top Bottom