Migrating a Mac

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I've just migrated all the information from my old Macbook air to my shiny new one.

The only problem I've got is the excel spreadsheets I use for work have all turned out backwards and upside down!!

It one of the most bizarre things I've seen so any ideas on what happened and how to recover them?

Are they still on the older one, if so what happens if you Airdrop them or move to a memory card and move it over?

Sounds like you are using an out of date Excel version that needs to be updated.

Are they still on the older one, if so what happens if you Airdrop them or move to a memory card and move it over?

When I transfer them open they look fine until I save them on the Mac and open them!!

definitely worth checking which version of Excel you have on your prev Mac & new one.

definitely worth checking which version of Excel you have on your prev Mac & new one.

It's probably the same version of Excel on the old and new Mac as it was migrated, so most likely copied Excel over whole. BUT - that version may not work with the current version of MacOS or (presumably on the new Mac) Apple M1 or M2 silicon as opposed to Intel on the old one.

This is almost certainly your problem. The app store is your friend if it's not a company machine, in which case get them to give you the latest version of Office 365 Mac.

Edited to add....if this doesn't solve it, there is an option somewhat deeply buried in Excel that allows you to reverse spreadsheets left to right. Not sure if it does top to bottom as well.

Back
Top Bottom