My topbox is totally getting nicked!

abermarc

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It occurred to me last week that whilst I have a really tough looking givi outback topbox that I keep my lid and Sena 50c inside. Actually there are 4 small nuts holding the mounting plate to the bikes frame.

What that tells me is the whole setup can be nicked in a matter of minutes with the minimal of kit by an absolute opportunist. Box, plate and whatever I've left inside!

I wonder what the rest of you do to keep your topbox safe. I'm thinking security nuts of some sort of other but open to ideas.

Thanks all.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Put security nuts onto it if it'll help you sleep at night. But for how many years have you had one and not had it nicked? Or other luggage on the Bike; tank bag, soft luggage, etc left on the Bike.

The Bike itself is more likely to be nicked, rather than just a top box.

My topbox has a light in it. Should I be extra vigilant ?

I keep my lid and Sena 50c inside.

well you could always go back to locking your lid to the side of your bike on a wire?
its safer in the box (and drier) than hanging on the bike.

I have the same topbox... mines the 58ltr version and usually has 2 helmets and comms in.

The thing with GS bikes is that they are not targeted by young hooligans to razz around on.
they are expensive bikes stolen by professional thieves.

as DJ said, your bike is more likely to be stolen than just the box.

Never ever look at the bolt for the sump plug. A quick turn of a spanner by a scrote and your oil will be gone. Then where will you be?

Never ever look at the bolt for the sump plug. A quick turn of a spanner by a scrote and your oil will be gone. Then where will you be?

counter this with a sump protector. That'll keep the scallywags away! it's not really for off road protection....

How would you know? Schroedinger’s light. There’s one in every fridge.

My handlebars are only held on by 4 allen bolts.

Anybody could have them away. I'd have to ride home non-handed!

I haven't even got a top box. :yikes

I don't stand a chance.

What if there's a pound of butter in the OP's top box?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YCQJEAcYSCw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Totally hashtag!

Back
Top Bottom