My topbox is totally getting nicked!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YCQJEAcYSCw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Totally hashtag!

Oh-kaay....like,umm....oh-kaay...so....

If you need a Givi (Ducati) one I've got one off my 1260S Multistrada I don't need.

Lots of really useful comments. You can always rely on UKGSERS........on reflection though I probably should have posted this one in the pub!

2 nights a week when I'm working my bike is parked outside and chained to railings. It's alarmed and tracked and has a disk lock on the front wheel. So not that concerned about the bike getting nicked. But if OCG want it they'll have no matter where it is or how it's secured so that'll be that.

So actually I think there is every chance an opportunist walking past may try their luck with the topbox not knowing if they'll strike it lucky with the contents. Far more so than looking at some pegs or bars and thinking aye aye I'll have those!

Anyway, for the few not taking the piss who might be interested in my solution. I added some steel cable ties. They can't be seen when looking at the bike and can't be easily cut either. That'll do me.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

What’s OCG? :nenau:rob

On a separate note I leave all sorts of kit on my bike, dry bags, tank bags , tents etc , have done for years , and only once whilst travelling in the US did I have anything nicked from the bike whilst I was having lunch . They stole my walking shoes :(

……Anyway, for the few not taking the piss who might be interested in my solution. I added some steel cable ties. They can't be seen when looking at the bike and can't be easily cut either. That'll do me.

I totally get it. Totally.

Stumbled upon this thread as the World Cup figures out who to give the cup to …..

As a poor student long ago, someone did steal the gear lever off my wee Honda. Had removed the exhaust pipe collars but couldn’t remove the deep set nuts in the foot pegs so didn’t get my pipes.

Air horns were gone too.

So you can’t be too careful out their :D

What’s OCG? :nenau:rob

On a separate note I leave all sorts of kit on my bike, dry bags, tank bags , tents etc , have done for years , and only once whilst travelling in the US did I have anything nicked from the bike whilst I was having lunch . They stole my walking shoes :(

Organised crime group :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom