New to us G650X Moto

Snaf

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have been looking for an X for a while but have been to busy to go and look at anything that was inevitably the other end of the country or had to many mods for our needs.
So this was for sale next to where I was working this week, the right money in consideration of its Cat N insurance write off status. I have the damaged panels, light and exhaust from the repair, the paintwork is two years old.
We'll be looking for a lower seat and suspension options, swapping out the wheels for a trail setup that we already have and trying to quieten it down a bit/alot.

Attachments

• IMG_20220921_0731591.jpg
    IMG_20220921_0731591.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_20220921_0733201.jpg
    IMG_20220921_0733201.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 309
Congrats on finding one.

If that's the original xmoto seat it is the same as the lowered xchallenge seat option, so may not find a lower OE one; I suspect you'll have to get it resculpted.

Exhaust - looks like a Scorpion or SR Racing; both are loud. Could try re-packing it? Failing that, a stock or Leo Vince one maybe?

Rear tail tidy - if you put knobblies on it looks like your reg plate may catch under compression; poss to bend it out a bit more? (it happened to me recently and todays job is to fit a new R&G option).

Suspension - loads on the forums as to options for the shock. Triple clamps I think are the same as the other x series bike so it's likely to be a fork swap for more travel.

Wheels - case of finding a set I think. Not seen any for a while.

Good luck and enjoy

Great info looks like we'll be cutting the seat down, we have wheels.
Many thanks

I have an original exhaust if you need one - still got the cat in it.

Scorpion isn't that loud, not if you get the stainless version. A nice deep rumble but not offensive crackle. I have one on both bikes.

Attachments

• 251440728_10220314349960860_8582386013390977194_n.jpg
    251440728_10220314349960860_8582386013390977194_n.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC_2172.jpg
    DSC_2172.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 187
Thanks for the offer, I have the original but would like to make this one quieter and am waiting for a response from Scorpion as to which DB-killer fits it. It is unbearably loud as it is and reminds of a fully uncorked Dakar rally exhaust that I once had on the GS Dakar.
First ride yesterday and the local clay covered roads had me sat on my arse, this is the first bike in two decades that I've had with road tyres on and it's lethal in the wet (and clay). We've decided to keep the wheels standard and fit Heidenau K73 tyres in the hope that there's some grip for winter riding and the odd gravel road. Putting 21/18 wheels will just make it to high.
The seat is a bit strange as the part number on it is for the blue X-Challenge which I guess is the higher one, I've ordered a 40mm lower spring seat and we'll see how that goes. I rode it back to back with our adventurised KTM 525 yesterday and whilst the X-Moto is fun the KTM is actually more civilised. Handguards, screen, sorting the seat will help and I've discovered it has a dynojet power thingy that seems to make the power delivery a bit wilder than I'd like. This is a very different bike to either of my Dakars which both fuel perfectly, it actually feels more like a carburettored KTM690 in performance.

The Leo Vince can comes with a choice of 3 dB killers. I have the middle one fitted to the can on my X-Country and it's reasonably civilised.

Thanks for the offer, I have the original but would like to make this one quieter and am waiting for a response from Scorpion as to which DB-killer fits it. It is unbearably loud as it is and reminds of a fully uncorked Dakar rally exhaust that I once had on the GS Dakar.
First ride yesterday and the local clay covered roads had me sat on my arse, this is the first bike in two decades that I've had with road tyres on and it's lethal in the wet (and clay). We've decided to keep the wheels standard and fit Heidenau K73 tyres in the hope that there's some grip for winter riding and the odd gravel road. Putting 21/18 wheels will just make it to high.
The seat is a bit strange as the part number on it is for the blue X-Challenge which I guess is the higher one, I've ordered a 40mm lower spring seat and we'll see how that goes. I rode it back to back with our adventurised KTM 525 yesterday and whilst the X-Moto is fun the KTM is actually more civilised. Handguards, screen, sorting the seat will help and I've discovered it has a dynojet power thingy that seems to make the power delivery a bit wilder than I'd like. This is a very different bike to either of my Dakars which both fuel perfectly, it actually feels more like a carburettored KTM690 in performance.

The Challenge and the Moto are, to all intents and purposes, the same bike, with different wheels, larger brake rotor and caliper, coil rather than airbag rear suspension. Otherwise the same.

A little bit subjective unless you're stood in the shed with me but both the Scorpions are unacceptably loud imo, we'll see what the DB killer does.

It's a big single, it isn't going to be as quiet as a twin or multi. The pop, pop, pop of a single rumbling down the road is less offensive than when it is sat on the stand. :thumby:

I personably cant live with either of the Scorpion equipped bikes, the Dakar will be getting a standard system as the weight isn't an issue but it is on the XMoto. I don't expect any road legal silencer to be louder than a standard KTM525 and they both are by a significant margin. Maybe it's years of super quiet XR200 riding that has conditioned me but I hate hearing my own exhaust noise over the engine noise.

I personably cant live with either of the Scorpion equipped bikes, the Dakar will be getting a standard system as the weight isn't an issue but it is on the XMoto. I don't expect any road legal silencer to be louder than a standard KTM525 and they both are by a significant margin. Maybe it's years of super quiet XR200 riding that has conditioned me but I hate hearing my own exhaust noise over the engine noise.

Don't try a Remus then!

Suspension lowering sorted, replaced the lower spring seat and dropped the forks through the triple clamps.
Will still look at lowering the seat, will unpick the the cover, remove the foam and make a new foam and cover to suit.
Will come to back to exhaust and definitely not a Remis then :) the Leo vince looks more promising but want to make sure this is a bike for keeps first.

Back
Top Bottom