1250 GSA it a fabulous bike

Robbo1200ADV

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So ………… Haven’t used my GSA for a while but did today to visit my poor old Dad . Stroked out and 90 in a week . Feck me what a fab bike it is . Just goes and goes . M 25 and M4 means you have to be mindful of the speed cameras but Jeez it flies . Really comfortable and loads of feedback , confident at high speed gets on with it . I kept expecting something would go wrong , it would explode or the brakes would fail or an error would appear but no just cracked on . Got to Bristol in just under 3 hours . Poor old Dad looked Fucked , said who are you and why are you here ? and said “I’m going to bed “ I had a bit of a chat with my step mum who is brilliant with him and then got back on and rode home . Seven hours of travel for maybe half an hour with him .I can’t think of a better bike for a 6 foot 6 fella to do today on . Arrived home refreshed as you can be after that , back to work tomorrow. Nice to use the GSA . Need to use it more . And breathe

Always good to read a positive report on the GS.Shame about ya dad but at least you made the effort to go and see him,and ya mum of course :)

Kimbo

Fantastic story matey; glad you got to visit them.

Stay safe, Ride safe :)

I rode a 1250 GS earlier this year and coming from a hexhead I was impressed with the sheer speed you can travel at in comfort. Bit too fast truth be told, really have to be watching it to save the points.

It took me a couple of months and a trip around Wales to finally bond with my 1250GSA but I agree with most of what you say except for the seat which doesn’t suit me. Hopefully a Sargent item will fix that for me. They are everything I need in a road bike.

So ………… Haven’t used my GSA for a while but did today to visit my poor old Dad . Stroked out and 90 in a week . Feck me what a fab bike it is . Just goes and goes . M 25 and M4 means you have to be mindful of the speed cameras but Jeez it flies . Really comfortable and loads of feedback , confident at high speed gets on with it . I kept expecting something would go wrong , it would explode or the brakes would fail or an error would appear but no just cracked on . Got to Bristol in just under 3 hours . Poor old Dad looked Fucked , said who are you and why are you here ? and said “I’m going to bed “ I had a bit of a chat with my step mum who is brilliant with him and then got back on and rode home . Seven hours of travel for maybe half an hour with him .I can’t think of a better bike for a 6 foot 6 fella to do today on . Arrived home refreshed as you can be after that , back to work tomorrow. Nice to use the GSA . Need to use it more . And breathe

I'm a little shorter than you at just under 6 foot 4 but agree with this.

I rode to Llandrindod Wells on Friday, a full day thrashing around mid-Wales, up to Barmouth for fish and chips on Saturday, stopped back at the hotel for a quick shower and repack and then rode back to Surrey that evening as I was running a 5k race in Reigate on the Sunday morning. For me the GSA is a real do everything bike.

Sorry to read about your dad.

Back
Top Bottom