MRA Fail

mad-dawg

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been away for 18 days plotting tomorrow’s route each day. Every day there are issues with map not displayed just grey squares, change the zoom and the square position changes.

Tried their app, web version on Safari and Google, depending on the wind direction or whether they put enough coal on the burner it sometimes works.

Late night after 11 it is usually better but I have normally run out of wine and inclination.
It used to be a good app/website but recently they have gone full sales mode and Cba to support existing subscribers.

I raised a ticket in August and got “ we will look into this”. Nada, sweet FA. Today within the last hour 2 more people have commented that they are having the same issue. Usual response from mra we will look in to it .

My advice if you are considering throwing £100 odd quid at it is don’t !

I am going back to old school of pen & paper.
Keep an eye out in the for sale for a Garmin XT.

Try switching the map from Here to one of the alternatives.

Here takes its mapping from Open Street Maps. I am not entirely sure how it works but perhaps the problem lies in the feed from Open Street Maps into MyRoute’s server?

Another thing I found does work if I see greyed squares, is using the zoom button (+ and -) instead of pinching or expanding the map manually. It also sometimes depends on the speed / quality of the internet connection.

On the whole, the few problems I have encountered are more than offset or negated by the convenience of the rest of MyRoutes offering….. and I say that as a long term Garmin BaseCamp / MapSource fan.

:beerjug:

I've not had any issues in the last 6 months of using it. Even when on the road amending or creating routes.

What maps are you getting the issue on? All of them, or specific ones only?

There was a temporary problem last night, with some map squares greying out. This was using a very fast internet connection at work and a powerful PC. Once it settled down, it was fine.

I am using MyRoute this morning on an iPad via a regular (but pretty quick) internet connection at home. It is fine.

Was using here gold, every other map except the here versions worked fine but there are enough foibles with Garmin/here without trying to export a route made in Tomtom or Google.
There was no map info just a black wiggly line on a grey background.
Tried again at 10:30 pm and it worked ish, still some random grey squares but I was able to plot a route from Reims to Rotterdam.
This was on iPad Pro with excellent Wi-Fi up and down.
Maybe it’s a server issue at their end, it pissed me off a few times whilst away.

I had the same black line on grey background at around 20:30 last night. It then righted itself. The other maps and functions all worked perfectly. It then came to life until I finished at around 21:30. I suspect a server problem, linked to one set of maps only.

If I get a reply to my support ticket I will share the information.

It’s not the end of the world, I have plenty of maps and a pen and paper.

I don’t use mine that often but when planning the next days trip I just use a paper map, identify the villages / towns I need to route through / past that will force the Nav to take me on the route I want and then put those destinations in one by one using the XTs ip planner. I can do a big whole day in about 20-30mins.

Sometimes on an impromptu day out I’ll do the morning part whilst having a brew before departure and then the afternoon part whilst sat in a fine eatery……. like McDonalds :D

Back
Top Bottom