Royal Enfield’s official DIY videos….

Wapping

Reaction score
….. on YouTube, are really very good. In short, they really do want you to DIY, which is a good thing.

Some of them deal with the real basics, for example adjusting a chain or checking / replacing brake pads, the simple explanations of which could well be useful on lots of other bikes, not least as the fundamentals are the same.

Is there one on how to obtain a new owners handbook ?

I seem to have lost mine.

Compared with the very tatty owner’s manual thing that came with my uber-expensive brand new 1600, the Royal Enfield manual is a thing of great wonder, very nicely produced. You also get two keys, which is a bonus.

There are loads of sources for electronic copies of the owners manuals, handy to have on your phone.

Also, there are full workshop manuals available, a lot of them downloadable from FB groups. I've got the Interceptor one on the ipad which is a great resource, and really well done.... im sure a lot of the technical publications are put together at the RE Global R&D facility in Leicestershire

The Handbook is indeed a good one, some of the videos not so. I have seen videos where they are adjusting the chain for about an inch of play which is about right but, the bike is on the centre stand which is definitely
not good. In common with most chain drive bikes the bike should be on it's wheels and preferably have weight on it to enable the chain to be correctly tensioned. In another video, the maker recommended, in order to cure
sticking clutch plates the clutch lever was tied back to the handlebars overnight, a measure that would do nothing for sticking plates but would result in the cable being under tension for many hours and, that's not going to
do it any good whatsoever. I in fact took the guy up on it and then, in the course of a back and too discussion, he failed to come up with any plausible reason for doing as he suggested.

Other videos are, as suggested useful but, care has to be exercised.

Other videos are, as suggested useful but, care has to be exercised.

Yeah, like the guy in flip flops draining the oil. No funnel or chute used, the oil ran all over the place, inside the alloy sump guard and thence to the ramp surface from a variety of places ... to leave a long trail of oil for some considerable time afterwards :blast

:beerjug:

Yeah, like the guy in flip flops draining the oil. No funnel or chute used, the oil ran all over the place, inside the alloy sump guard and thence to the ramp surface from a variety of places ... to leave a long trail of oil for some considerable time afterwards :blast

I watched that one with some amazement.

Some of the home made videos are very funny, if only for the high speed Indian commentary that accompanies them. “Oooh, I have lost a piece…. Oh no, I remember…. I meant to put it in the box with the other pieces but I was too lazy to do it”.

Ha ha :thumby:

Does anyone have a link to a good workshop manual for the Himalayan please?

I don't have FaceFcuk :eek:

Mind you like Paul at Manhattan Motorcycles in Sheffield says .... they haven't had to pull one to pieces yet :D

Turning the service light/spanner off on Himalayan .... probably work for other models :thumb2

i-wpmFS5r-L.jpg

If Micky’s is the fuel injection model, I’d be interested in one, too.

If Micky’s isn’t, I’d still be keen to hear from anyone with the manual for the fuel injected version.

Thank you, appreciated.

As you say, it’s for the earlier fuel injected version, without the Royal Enfield navigation thingy. But it will definitely serve.

It downloads really well into iBooks.

Not Himalayan, but Bullet and Continental Twin Euro 4 UK spec Here.

Maybe the same file but you need to download from here.

Euro 4 Himalayan (may be same as previously posted) here.

Useful (if random!) site for all makes PDFMoto here. They have just added a $1.00 fee per file, used to be free....

HTH

A

I have both service manual and parts catalogue i can email to those willing to furnish me with an email address.

I am away with the van at the moment and will be unable to send anything out until, at the earliest tomorrow evening when i'll be back home.

Back
Top Bottom